• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: McDonald may call it a career after 2014

AngelsWin.com

John McDonald turns 40 on Sept. 24. He's played for eight teams, including seven years each for two of them. He's been in all 30 current stadiums, as well as eight that are no longer even on the schedule. And along the way he's attained a longevity that he never expected. But the 2014 season could be his last.

View the full article

He's been very good for the Halos in his defined role. This may well be his final season.

A good major league career who stayed in the bigs so long primarily because of his glove and his baseball instincts.

I think he's a great organizational guy and would like to see him kept within the Halos organization as, perhaps, a roving infield instructor throughout our minor league system......teaching some fundamentals -- something that is really needed.

and Mauch Won, dare I say it, but he might even be a better third base coach than that DiSarcina guy that's been there this year.........

geez, I'm a huge DiSar fan as all here know -- but, GEEZ, I think we've had more guys thrown out at the plate than any other team (and during a year when the new 'no block the plate' rule really gives an advantage to the base -runner iMO). We've also had guys tossed out a third..........our base-running has not been stellar this season...........

DiSar for the BoSox and Angels has served in almost every organizational role from roving infield instructor, to play by play / color commentator (Pawtucket), to manager a the minor league (AAA Pawtucket and at the AA level as well), minor league coach, farm system player development director (for both BoSox and Angels, I think), etc........his third base coaching stint this year has not been all that impressive..........oh well.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as he's happy playing in his current role, I would have no problem bringing him back every year until he decides he's done. Comes up with big plays and you know he makes a difference in the clubhouse. Keep him in uniform and then if he decides he's done playing start groomng him for manager.