• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joan Rivers has died

Very funny lady. I loved her appearances on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. She had him in stitches half the time.

She was also banned from the Tonight Show by Carson. A ban that lasted 26 years until Jimmy Fallon brought her on.

I know a lot of people find her annoying but I think she's hilarious. Joan Rivers isn't meant to be filtered like she is doing these red carpets and shows for E. When she's allowed to just let loose and say whatever she wants, she's very funny and very witty.

Wow, I never knew Johnny had banned her. I wonder what she said that made him so angry.

I only remember the funny parts. I'm old enough to remember Jack Paar hosting the Tonight Show.

she was in line to take over for johnny as his permanent guest host or take over for him when he retired. i think he got pissed at her when she started yapping about it publicly or appeared on another talk show, something like that, and he pulled the rug out from under her.

in her heyday she was brilliant, sharp, witty, and clever. in her old age she just sounded bitter. it wasn't fun to watch her any more, at least it wasn't for me.

I never saw or remember her in her heyday and quite honestly found her annoying but that seemed to be her schtick.  I don't mean that to sound disrespectful as more power to her for doing what she did.  She had 81 good years while her mind was all there which is something most of us would love to be able to say when our time is up.  RIP.  

There's an investigation on right now into the clinic where the crisis first started. She was undergoing outpatient surgery on her vocal cords

(elective surgery, I'm assuming) and something went terribly wrong. She stopped breathing and at some point went into cardiac arrest. There are reports she was given propofol, the same anesthetic that killed Michael Jackson.

I know a lot of people find her annoying but I think she's hilarious. Joan Rivers isn't meant to be filtered like she is doing these red carpets and shows for E. When she's allowed to just let loose and say whatever she wants, she's very funny and very witty.

Much the same way I felt about Rodney Dangerfield. When I saw him on television, I never found him funny. The first time I came to Las Vegas (with my parents in 1975) I saw him in a show on stage. Freed of the constraints of network television, he was hilarious.

in her heyday she was brilliant, sharp, witty, and clever. in her old age she just sounded bitter. it wasn't fun to watch her any more, at least it wasn't for me.

Pretty much my opinion. When she was at her peak she was quite funny. In her later years she seemed like someone who knew that time had passed her by but she resented it.

Wow, I never knew Johnny had banned her. I wonder what she said that made him so angry.

I only remember the funny parts. I'm old enough to remember Jack Paar hosting the Tonight Show.

From what I have read she was the permanent guest host when he gone. She was offered her own show as the permanent host that competed with the Tonight Show and took it. Carson felt betrayed and never spoke to her again. I haven't read that she ever had the positron of his replacement locked up.

The woman was a ****, to me, personally.  And no, I don't use that exact phrase lightly. Neither was it a one off situation. I met her 3 times, and 3 times she was a "See You Next Tuesday" to me.

If there were anyone in show business that I ever met that I personally thought their removal from society would make a better planet, it was this broad.

She burned so many bridges in the business that she was relegated to crappy Celebrity reality shows and a random nobody gives a **** basic cable show before she eventually lost her life at the hands of some 2-bit plastic surgeon.  Seems appropriate, somehow.

I'm glad the door hit her in the ass on the way out.

The woman was a ****, to me, personally.  And no, I don't use that exact phrase lightly. Neither was it a one off situation. I met her 3 times, and 3 times she was a "See You Next Tuesday" to me.

If there were anyone in show business that I ever met that I personally thought their removal from society would make a better planet, it was this broad.

She burned so many bridges in the business that she was relegated to crappy Celebrity reality shows and a random nobody gives a **** basic cable show before she eventually lost her life at the hands of some 2-bit plastic surgeon.  Seems appropriate, somehow.

So did you have any good conversations with her? Enquiring minds want to know. 

Sorry I'm a little slow, what does a "See You Next Tuesday" mean?