• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Series vs the Twins

Chimi

This is going to be an important series coming up. There has been a lot of talk in the last 24 hours about how terrible the Angels offense has been since the ASB. The Twins unfortunately are having the opposite problem.

In 45 games since the ASB, the Twins are first in the majors in runs scored with 212. They are also second in the majors in team OPS at .741. So they've been very potent lately in their ability to put runs on the board. So why are they not winning more? Simple, their pitching blows.

Post ASB, the Twins are dead last in the majors in team ERA at 5.11 and dead last in runs allowed at 225. They are also last in BAA where as a team, hitters are batting .290 against them.

If there is a time to get this offense going, it's this series. The Twins are going to score runs so we need our offense to really step it up against a terrible pitching staff or come Monday, this place might be in flames.

Unfortunately, the Angels hitters tend to transform scrub pitchers into Cy Young Award candidates for a night.

This has got to stop right now! We need to start hammering bad pitchers if we're going to win this division title.

That's what I'm worried about. Tommy Milone pitches Sunday and in 5 games with the Twins this year, he has an ERA of almost 8. I've already got my cap partially tipped.