• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout/Pujols/Hamilton have a combined .720s OPS since ASB.

Angel Oracle

It's been 44 games now. How much longer are these three going to hit like this?

The finger is pointing towards the three of you.

And a .770 post-ASB OPS is NOT what MVPs are made of.

Trout is just getting started. But a big lesson is being learned hopefully with how this 2nd half has proceded for him.

No excuse for vets like Pujols and Hamilton though!!!!!!!

Edited by Angel Oracle

They will never hit well together.

But for us to even dream of winning in the postseason without GRich, it will have to happen.

I just dont get a good feeling about hamilton especially. I dont know why, something just negative

Rangers003.JPG

A .720 OPS isn't what it used to be.

In 2014, MLB hitters have posted the lowest BA since 1972... the lowest OBP since 1972... and the lowest SLG since 1992.   

As much as people trash Pujols and Hamilton on here, they've been better than average hitters this year.   In fact, every starter except David Freese has an OPS+ over 100, and he is creeping closer.  

To me the interesting question is - Why is this offense struggling in the second half?

To me, its inexplicable that we could have been so much better in the first half, especially considering Hamilton and Calhoun were both out for significant periods of time during that span. Freese was also incredibly bad during that time. 

What I am guessing is that:

• The DH position has become futile in the second half, but was contributing solidly in the first half through Cron, Navarro and Green
  • Pujols' performance has been down in the second half
  • The second half Hamilton has been worse than the small sample we saw of him in the first half, and overall he hasn't been better than Cowgill
  • Trout has become a straight up strike out machine

To me, we need to shore up the DH spot with Green, instead of using it as a rotational position. In the alternative, we need to give Green more chances at 3rd, and get Freese on the bench on the daily

We have to pray Pujols and Hamilton can contribute, though I have much more faith in the former.

Hope that Trout makes some adjustments.

Heaven help us if Shoemaker stumbles down the stretch. We already know what to expect from Wilson (crap), and Weaver has thrown a lot of innings. His 30 starts leads the AL. It would be natural for him to tire a bit towards the finish line. Santiago has been great lately but he's still nothing more than a #3/4 starter. Our #5??? I guess it's Rasmus, who still hasn't thrown 60 pitches in a game in his career.

With a crappy offense supporting this patchwork rotation, the division title is far from a sure thing. And a long run in the playoffs? If the hitters don't wake up, forget it!

Edited by fan_since79

To me the interesting question is - Why is this offense struggling in the second half?

To me, its inexplicable that we could have been so much better in the first half, especially considering Hamilton and Calhoun were both out for significant periods of time during that span. Freese was also incredibly bad during that time. 

What I am guessing is that:

• The DH position has become futile in the second half, but was contributing solidly in the first half through Cron, Navarro and Green
  • Pujols' performance has been down in the second half
  • The second half Hamilton has been worse than the small sample we saw of him in the first half, and overall he hasn't been better than Cowgill
  • Trout has become a straight up strike out machine

To me, we need to shore up the DH spot with Green, instead of using it as a rotational position. In the alternative, we need to give Green more chances at 3rd, and get Freese on the bench on the daily

We have to pray Pujols and Hamilton can contribute, though I have much more faith in the former.

Hope that Trout makes some adjustments.

Some people on here seem to view Green as a panacea for our offense.  I would also like to see him get some more ABs  but he's still unproven and we don't know what we'll get from him.  He may be the same as or even worse than who he is replacing.