• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seriously, the dilemma of CJ

ghoetke

I think it's all in his head.  I find it curious that he has sold t-shirts on his web-site that say "Throw Strikes" and when he gets runners on base - he slows down a ton.  He thinks too much.  He knows has to throw strikes and probably thinks about it way too much instead of just going out there and relaxing.  I wonder what kind of a race car driver he is. 

It's kind of like a discussion I heard years ago about A-Rod in the post-season... some speculated that he choked because he over thought each at bat... where a guy like Manny Ramirez excels because it's all about "see the ball, hit the ball." 

Who really knows what's up?  All we can do is speculate and hope he turns it around.  This team needs C.J. to be good.

If he continues to blow, we may need to have one or more of our starters go on three days' rest at least once before the regular season is over. If we're still fighting for the division the last week of the season and he can't get his act together, we might have to drop Wilson from our rotation rather than risk automatic losses. He's slated to pitch in the final two series against Oakland and Seattle.

edit: Oh, that's right...it won't happen because he makes too much money.

Edited by fan_since79

If he continues to blow, we may need to have one or more of our starters go on three days' rest at least once before the regular season is over. If we're still fighting for the division the last week of the season and he can't get his act together, we might have to drop Wilson from our rotation rather than risk automatic losses. He's slated to pitch in the final two series against Oakland and Seattle.

edit: Oh, that's right...it won't happen because he makes too much money.

No, this won't happen because there is no one else who can step in and get this wagon to the finish line.  Money is not the issue.

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath. Are we really throwing out five strong (overall, one as a reliever) seasons due to three bad months? Meanwhile Santiago has never been to the postseason and only got his starting spot back due to injuries, and Shoemaker wasn't on anyone's radar in the entire industry before this season? They have both been briliant the last few months, but I am far more confident in CJ, who has a more proven record, has been to the postseason (with 6 solid starts and 3 bad ones), and won't be intimidated by good hitters (say he is cocky all you want, but I'll take that over some of our past pitchers who would implode when things went badly)?

Edited by forgottenred

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath. Are we really throwing out five strong (overall, one as a reliever) seasons due to three bad months? Meanwhile Santiago has never been to the postseason and only got his starting spot back due to injuries, and Shoemaker wasn't on anyone's radar in the entire industry before this season? They have both been briliant the last few months, but I am far more confident in CJ, who has a more proven record, has been to the postseason (with 6 solid starts and 3 bad ones), and won't be intimidated by good hitters (say he is cocky all you want, but I'll take that over some of our past hitters who would implode when things went badly)?

Wow.

Unfortunately CJ has moved himself from the "Uncertainty" catagory to the "Liability" catagory.  It really should not be a dilemna at this point in the season.  I just hope there is a better plan than penciling him in the rotation every 5 days hoping for the best.