• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bo Porter Fired

Poor Houston fans... i know some good people down there and they are stuck with the Stros and the Texans. 

But calling up your all minor leaguers before they are ready doesn't do anyone any favors. Look at Cam Bedrosian.

current failure isn't necessarily just on Bo Porter. I bet the GM goes soon too. Just put Altuve in charge

Poor Houston fans... i know some good people down there and they are stuck with the Stros and the Texans. 

But calling up your all minor leaguers before they are ready doesn't do anyone any favors. Look at Cam Bedrosian.

current failure isn't necessarily just on Bo Porter. I bet the GM goes soon too. Just put Altuve in charge

Watch them move Nolan Ryan to GM then have 75% of their pitching staff land on the DL due to ignoring stuff like pitch counts because he believes everyone is an insanely durable genetic freak of nature like he was.

Edited by ScottLux

Watch them move Nolan Ryan to GM then have 75% of their pitching staff land on the DL due to ignoring stuff like pitch counts because he believes everyone is an insanely durable genetic freak of nature like he was.

There hasn't been any evidence to suggest that pitch counts prevent injury. I'm pretty sure the pitch count era has seen a considerable rise in TJ surgery. 

There hasn't been any evidence to suggest that pitch counts prevent injury. I'm pretty sure the pitch count era has seen a considerable rise in TJ surgery. 

I suspect Tommy John has more to do with baseball becoming more competitive at the high school level and younger and pitchers throwing both higher velocity and more breaking pitches at a young age.

Edited by ScottLux

The GM and Porter must really not get along. They are a much better team this year than last year with a chance of winning 20 more than they did in his first year. Usually, when I manager is hired into a rebuilding situation, he's given at least 2 full, if not 3 full seasons to get things going in the right direction. Remember, the first two years under Joe Maddon, the Rays were 61-101 & 66-96.

I suspect Tommy John has more to do with baseball becoming more competitive at the high school level and younger and pitchers throwing both higher velocity and more breaking pitches at a young age.

It seems crazy to me that coaches and parents are pushing their 12 year olds to throw sliders. but then again- parents be crazy. I saw things like that in club softball when i was a teen with coaches (who were almost always parents of kids on the team) who were so demanding and competitive. Yes, their kids tended to be better athletes and more skilled but they also were under a huge amount of pressure. I remember several girls I played with whose dads would cause them to explode into tears at least once a game. 

I think some parents of talented kids just can't help themselves... it's got to come from the leagues. 

The GM and Porter must really not get along. They are a much better team this year than last year with a chance of winning 20 more than they did in his first year. Usually, when I manager is hired into a rebuilding situation, he's given at least 2 full, if not 3 full seasons to get things going in the right direction. Remember, the first two years under Joe Maddon, the Rays were 61-101 & 66-96.

I don't think Texas wants to be compared with Florida.