• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout has a chance at an all-time record.

gurn67

Most RBI's in a season by a hitter in the #2 spot in the lineup. He needs 19 to tie, 20 to break the record.

He's got 95 (2 came in the 2 games he batted 3rd)

The record of 114 is shared by Eddie Mathews 1959 and AFraud in 1998. AFraud actually had 124 RBI's that year, but 10 were in other spots in the lineup.

That would mean the Angels would have the record for most RBI in one season from the leadoff and #2 spot.

Erstad still holds the record of 100 in 2000. Ellsbury had 105 in 2011, but 8 came when he wasn't batting leadoff.

For those of you wondering why Sosh keeps batting him 2nd, now you know it's because he wants the record dammit!

Thats pretty cool

Another interesting tidbit....hes like 2cd in runs scored...and about the same in rbi....leading in either would be pretty impressive from the 2 hole....leading both?....let that sink in for a minute. That would mean hes driven in more than any 3/4 hitter, and scored more than any leadoff guy....

If he leads the league in runs scored it will be his 3rd straight year....i read somewhere mantle or someone like that was the last to do that. (Though henderson makes more sense). If anyone is good at research and correct me, thanks in advance

Thats pretty cool

Another interesting tidbit....hes like 2cd in runs scored...and about the same in rbi....leading in either would be pretty impressive from the 2 hole....leading both?....let that sink in for a minute. That would mean hes driven in more than any 3/4 hitter, and scored more than any leadoff guy....

If he leads the league in runs scored it will be his 3rd straight year....i read somewhere mantle or someone like that was the last to do that. (Though henderson makes more sense). If anyone is good at research and correct me, thanks in advance

Henderson led the league 5 times in runs scored, but only in 1985-1986 were they in consecutive years.  Only player ever to have single seasons with 100+ runs, stolen bases and walks.  Amazing he didn't score more in some of those seasons.

Mickey Mantle was the last to accomplish the 3-peat in runs scored in the American League (1956-1958).  However, Albert Pujols led the National League 3 years straight from 2003-2005.  Prior to that it was Pete Rose (1974-1976).  Still amazing if Mike Trout can accomplish as it puts him in legendary company.

B/c Albert is always hacking .

Albert's foul balls have stolen a few sb's from Mikey.

For much of this year I would have liked to see Howie batting leadoff (he did well there early in the year when Calhoun was out) and Calhoun batting third behind Trout with Albert at Cleanup. I think that combo would have allowed more stolen bases from Trout and more RBI from Trout / Calhoun.

Edited by ScottLux

Trout's numbers in all catagories are pretty amazing.

he's fallen off in the SB department but that is to be expected.

he's putting up Mickey Mantle type strikeout numbers as well -- wish he could stop doing that.

He's striking out more than Mantle did, though strikeouts in general are higher than in that era. Trout will probably have close to 200 at the end of the year.

It's hard to criticize the best player in the world, but he's going to have to cut down on his strikeouts. He's on pace for around 180 and as a result is on pace for being on base 40 less times than in 2013. If he cuts down his strikeouts by 50, that's an easy 15-18 extra hits he picks up with his speed.

Just more evidence he should be batting 3rd.

He'd be at 110 rbi's right now.

meh. Not sure we have anyone who would be nearly as good as him batting 2cd. To be fair it might actually hurt him. Plus it would probably detract from his scored runs... so the net gain prob wouldnt be huge.

And in the meantime it would cut down on pujols'. Not that i care which individual gets credit, i just want the team to win. But if say we moved trout to 3rd with say kendrick or aybar batting sexond, pujols probably bats a lot more with 2 outs or leading off an inning (im thinking at least).

meh. Not sure we have anyone who would be nearly as good as him batting 2cd. To be fair it might actually hurt him. Plus it would probably detract from his scored runs... so the net gain prob wouldnt be huge.

And in the meantime it would cut down on pujols'. Not that i care which individual gets credit, i just want the team to win. But if say we moved trout to 3rd with say kendrick or aybar batting sexond, pujols probably bats a lot more with 2 outs or leading off an inning (im thinking at least).

The bigger deal than moving Trout to 3rd would be separating Trout from Pujols in the lineup. Pujols hacks and fouls off pitches all the time which spoils Trout's ability to steal bases. Combine that with his frustrating tendency to ground into 5-4-3 double plays and Trout-Pujols back to back becomes extremely frustrating. 

A lineup like Kendrick-Trout-Calhoun-Pujols-Hamilton or Kendrick-Calhoun-Trout-Hamilton-Pujols would have a lot fewer double plays and allow more SB's from Trout. (Kendrick did well at leadoff during the time when Calhoun was on the DL)

Edited by ScottLux