• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pitcher/Rookie of the Month

Sam Sanchez

Any chance Shoemaker takes the Rookie of the Year award? I know Abreu is the frontrunner but if Shoemaker can keep up his recent dominance do you guys think he could win?

Nope. Abreu is out of control. Maybe he will get some votes considering Abreu played professional ball and some voters are old school. Shoe would have won last year I bet

Tillman is the only pitcher even close and since he plays in the AL East, I'm predicting a tie for Pitcher of the Month. Shoe gets #2 ROY. Abreu is scary good. Too bad he wasn't able to make his MLB debut until he was 27. At least this off-season we will no longer hear the Harper/Trout comparsions, but Abreu/Trout instead.

per Alden Gonzalez: Matt Shoemaker is the first rookie with 14-plus wins and 115-plus strikeouts before September since CC Sabathia in 2001.

Edited by gurn67

With Tanaka's setback possibly leading to being shut down with only 18 starts, Show may indeed finish 2nd in the ROTY balloting.

In many other seasons, he would likely be ROTY.

His WHIP is falling fast towards 1.00.

How many rookie pitchers have a WHIP so good?

Viva la older rookie (both Abreu and Shoe being age 27).

Shoe won't be amongst the league leaders though, due to coming up some 10-12 innings short of the 162 innings needed for the season.

Edited by Angel Oracle