• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Melvin: "They should be embarrassed."

Hollyw00d

Hey Melvin...you're the one who "set up your rotation" - whereas Scioscia just went along with whomever was next in line...especially Saturday's merry go round.

Your offense: 1.) Got traded to Boston and 2.) Hurt himself tying to catch a homer. 

The butthurt permeates the culture of Oakland from the whiny post-game host and beat reporter to Melvin to the fans.

It's funny, though. The Angels, the one team with a better record sweeps them, and it's an embarrassment. But the Atlanta Braves sweep them and there's not a peep.

I don't have a problem with Melvin calling out his players to the press. It's risky but sometimes it pays off. What I don't like is the use of the term "they".

Any good manager would use the term "we". He is part of the team. A good manager would throw himself I with his players in being embarrassed.

Oakland has to be panicking. They traded the heart of their team for a two-month rental pitcher who has not bolstered their rotation. They aren't scoring runs anymore, and whatever bravado and attitude they had seems to have packed its bags for Massachusetts along with Yoenis Cespedes. Scott Kazmir has had Angel flashbacks the last two times he has faced us, and we beat Jon Lester in the series that just concluded. Unlike earlier in the year, when the A's seemed to find ever-more-creative ways to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in the most unlikely of situations, now they appear quite mortal. They lost a lot more than Cespedes' offensive production when they traded him to the Red Sox. The move appears to have taken the heart out of the club. Now they have traded for Adam Dunn in a totally hopeless attempt to recapture some of what they dealt away.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

What was Kazmir doing? I was relegated to Gameday for today's game because of a family BBQ. I'd love to hear the details!

Making faces on the mound when he didn't get the strike calls he wanted. Also had some words for the ump. Walked down towards his catcher who was coming to the mound and said something. Nothing too extraordinary, but the umpire wasn't pleased.

Edited by fan_since79

I don't have a problem with Melvin calling out his players to the press. It's risky but sometimes it pays off. What I don't like is the use of the term "they".

Any good manager would use the term "we". He is part of the team. A good manager would throw himself I with his players in being embarrassed.

i couldn't agree more. "they" would piss me off. 

Their offense was hitting the skids even before Cespedes was traded. Trading him did not cause their offense to automatically suck. Their power has been down since June, and their OBP since July. It's only this month that their BA has taken a nosedive.

Dunn will not help them. The only thing that would help them is a healthy Donaldson to take the load off Moss and a healthy Crisp.

The only time he used the word "they" was for this specific quote. His rant leading up to the quote he did refer to the team as "we" and "us"

Making faces on the mound when he didn't get the strike calls he wanted. Also had some words for the ump. Walked down towards his catcher who was coming to the mound and said something. Nothing too extraordinary, but the umpire wasn't pleased.

Kazmir got ejected in like the 1st inning of some game for doing that earlier in the year. Granted in that case the ejection was a huge overraction from the ump but I'd expect Kaz would have learned to town down the face-making after getting burned once this season.

Edited by ScottLux

What was Kazmir doing? I was relegated to Gameday for today's game because of a family BBQ. I'd love to hear the details!

I am ecstatic that our team swept the A's. It is very satisfying to be up by 5 games. The Angels can't get complacent, however. The A's are a very good team, and can't be taken lightly. As to Kazmir, to be fair, that was not good or consistent umpiring today behind the plate. I am glad that our team capitalized on the situation, but Jerry Davis did a terrible job behind the plate today. Sosh would have had a similar reaction - considering that he is known to bark at plate umpires quite often.