• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We know it....... (part 2)

After this game is over, the Angels will have gained 9 games over Oakland in just the last 19 games.  From 4 games back to 5 games up in a span of just 3 weeks.

That's pretty impressive considering how unbeatable Oakland looked in the 1st half of the season.

Impressive indeed

In all honesty. If you didn't lose Hope in that series you're a Damn liar.

The A's had two days off, they were able to line up their rotation, they were at home.  The Angels flew cross country.... got in at 4 AM on game day and were still dealing with the loss of Richards for the entire season.   They lost a 2 run game and a 1 run game, then blew out the A's in the finale.   They needed to go into Oakland and win 1 of 3 to keep their lead and they did it.

A little perspective can go a long ways towards helping rational people not lose hope.

The great thing about MLB is that almost anything can happen and it often does but here are some interesting numbers...

The Angels worst performance in ANY month this season was their 14-12 April.   They have 26 games left -- if they do no better than 14-12 they win 97 games..   For the A's to tie them they would have to 19-7, a .730 winning percentage.   Their best performance in ANY month all year came in April when they went 18-9....  a .667 winning percentage.

We'll, I started the thread so have at it....I earned it....I will say this--as frustrating as last Sat night was (hence a stupid post), the Sunday game really changed the narrative...punched them in the mouth, offense was great, Weaver pitched well...just seemed to really reverse things....If it will help, I'll volunteer to post something stupid every night....

The great thing about MLB is that almost anything can happen and it often does but here are some interesting numbers...

The Angels worst performance in ANY month this season was their 14-12 April.   They have 26 games left -- if they do no better than 14-12 they win 97 games..   For the A's to tie them they would have to 19-7, a .730 winning percentage.   Their best performance in ANY month all year came in April when they went 18-9....  a .667 winning percentage.

That's an awesome tidbit.

If you go back to Adam's Foe Fodder (1 and 2) taking away the comic aspect, I think knowledgeable fans have wondered how this team can do what they have been doing.  It's a 162 game season and it seems to me the A's team is coming back to earth.  They will have a difficult time trying to kick it up a notch.  No doubt the trade losing Cespedes did not do their team any favors.  Their pitching staff was pretty good as it was.  

I'll admit that I was very down on the Angels after those two games in Oakland. It wasn't as if the Angels lost in two competitive, tightly-contested games, despite what the scores ended up at. The Angels lost both of those games thanks to some sloppy baseball and terrible hitting with RISP.

I'm so stoked they've completely turned it around since then. The defense has been solid, the clutch hits have come, and the pitching has been unreal.