• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cory Rasmus was awesome

3 innings pitched, 6 strikeouts, no walks, and 1 hit.

Damn. I think we found our fifth starter. While Mike Morin seems to be imploding, I'm glad Scioscia limited Rasmus to 49 pitches. Maybe next time he pitches a few more and works his way up.

You mean Roth?

Gotta wonder if the team is thinking about converting Rasmus to a starter?

3 innings pitched, 6 strikeouts, no walks, and 1 hit.

Damn. I think we found our fifth starter. While Mike Morin seems to be imploding, I'm glad Scioscia limited Rasmus to 49 pitches. Maybe next time he pitches a few more and works his way up.

Crazy thing about Rasmus this year is he's been a four pitch guy all year.   His development as the season has gone on has been amazing.

Crazy thing about Rasmus this year is he's been a four pitch guy all year.   His development as the season has gone on has been amazing.

Yep. They might have struck gold here with the guy. He's got quality stuff, and is throwing 4 pitches, 3 offspeed pitches at over 15% each.

Only issue is that he hasn't been stretched out enough. Hope he is the 5th starter the rest of the month and just have him work his pitch count up a bit with each start. Next time out hope he can go 4 innings, then work it up to hopeuflly have him go 5

Yep. They might have struck gold here with the guy. He's got quality stuff, and is throwing 4 pitches, 3 offspeed pitches at over 15% each.

Only issue is that he hasn't been stretched out enough. Hope he is the 5th starter the rest of the month and just have him work his pitch count up a bit with each start. Next time out hope he can go 4 innings, then work it up to hopeuflly have him go 5

That's the sick part.  He's got stuff to fall back on if something isn't working.   This is one time where Jerry and company really deserve a lot of credit.  The coaching staff in AAA and Anaheim might be due for some props too.

That game did not suck.

My only question is why Sosh had Rasmus throw 2 fewer pitches than he did 5 days earlier.

We aren't acquiring someone, and thus Rasmus is the best option. Roth can be the LOOGY that Thatcher failed miserably at before getting hurt.

Moss looked like a rank amateur against him.

Five more starts, 65 pitches, then 75, then 85, then 90 for each of the remaining two starts.

I'm not calling Roth garbage, but he does not belong in important games.

You either have to have the stuff, or experience and the confidence that comes with it to pitch in tight ball games. With the nerves going, you can't control your pitches like in AAA, and without perfect command, Roth can't succeed with his stuff.

Maybe in low leverage situations.