• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Football 2014

BIG12 is doing a great job this year.

remember the sign that Oklahoma State made for the Florida State game?

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-08-30/florida-state-oklahoma-cowboys-seminoles-trail-of-tears-sign-fans

good comedy can reach pretty much any topic, but there are some things you don't try to make jokes out of. this would be a prime example of one of those things.

BIG12 is doing a great job this year.

remember the sign that Oklahoma State made for the Florida State game?

I have a lot of experience dealing with Oklahoma State fans. You aren't talking cutting edge of sophistication. During my college days I had to make quite a few trips to Stillwater, not always for games. I was the president of the University of Oklahoma chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi national band service fraternity, and the national headquarters were on the campus at OSU. You always hear jokes about agricultural colleges being referred to as "Silo Tech", "Moo U", etc. Oklahoma State earns that distinction with honors. One of my favorite OSU stories: During one of my trips to OSU we saw a tractor in one of the parking lots on campus. It had a commuter parking sticker on it.  You can't make this up.

During my time at OU the standard directions to get from Norman to Stillwater were, go north until you smell it, then east until you step in it.

I also have some Florida State stories from my time at the University of Florida, but those can wait for another time. Class bunch there, too.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Florida beats Kentucky at home in a triple overtime thriller. Extend muschamp now.

Ten years, at least.

Four years into the Muschamp "era" and we're reduced to winning triple overtime games at home against a team we had beaten 27 straight times. I watched the entire game and Kentucky had it won at least twice and made mistakes that kept Florida in the game. The officials blew a call in the first overtime that benefited Florida. On the fourth down play when Florida scored to tie the game at 27, the play clock ran out before the snap. The play should have been blown dead and a five-yard penalty marked off.

After the game AD Jeremy Foley had the gall to post on Twitter, "Never any doubt." He is either the biggest liar I have ever encountered, or so far gone mentally that he needs to be removed from his job.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Sept. 13, 2014

Box Score

REDONDO BEACH, Calif. – Freshman Joey Notch (West Torrance HS) threw for a career-high 313 yards and two touchdowns, but key turnovers and big returns lifted the Ventura Pirates (1-1) over E Camino (1-1) 33-30 at Redondo Union High School on Saturday night....

Go Warriors! let's get back in the win column this next week.

Steve, BYU @ UCLA  Sept 19, 2015

I am aware.  In september next year, BYU plays @ Nebraska, @ UCLA, and @ Michigan.  Talk about grueling.  On the flip side, BYU will return 10 starters on offense and 8 on defense.  They have a lot of talent returning.

I would love to head to the rose bowl to watch the game but I will actually be heading to the BIG HOUSE.  I have seen BYU lose in the rose bowl two times already.  Very excited to head to Michigan to see a game.  It is good to know that Tank will be rooting for the Mormons the last weekend of September in 2015.

jameis winston suspended for the first half of this week's game against clemson. apparently yelled some kind of derogatory words at a female student in front of quite a few people.

"F$*# her right in the P*ssy"

He yelled it repeatedly.

Classy dude that Jameis.

It is subtle and topical.

Anyway I still remember the last meeting with BYU.  I was driving home from Fresno when I got in radio range it was 49-0.  Karl Dorrell... what a coach he was.

I remember I was fly fishing and was going to be home to watch the second half.  I got into my car and caught the last minute of the first half on the radio and was stunned it was 42-0.  That was a bad UCLA team.

"F$*# her right in the P*ssy"

He yelled it repeatedly.

Classy dude that Jameis.

Meh. He's how old? 20? And a college student. They do dumb s*** like that all the time.

The media places these kids under a microscope, and every little thing they do is scrutinized and vilified. The national obsession with athletes is not healthy in my opinion. There's a lot of nut jobs out there who take college football way too seriously.