• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most unheralded Halos player currently?

I'm going with Jepsen. Is there an Angels' fan anywhere that didn't want this guy non-tendered in the off-season? Then, he comes out opening day and is the same old Jepsen. After that, when the entire bullpen was in total disarray for the first couple of months, he was the most consistent guy out there. I know he's been a little shaky lately, but I've been a diehard fan for over 35 years and I can't remember another Angel who sucked for his first several years with the club and then suddenly became good. It would be like if Mathis suddenly became a .270 hitter during the 2011 season.

I have to give Salas props as well, but would anyone be comfortable with him coming in with runners on? The last time he has inherited base runners was on July 9, 2 on with 2 outs and stranded them. He allowed all 9 inherited runners to score prior. I'm just glad Scioscia is bringing him in with bases cleared now.

The best part about this question?....is that theres even an argument to begin with.

Theres a ton of guys who have stepped up this year. Salas. Jepsen. Morin. Shoe. Etc etc etc. Im leaving out the guys intentionally that we all expected to succeed.

Regardless of how it all plays out, this is a very good team. And its been a great year to be a fan.

The most unheralded player on the team to me is Chris Iannetta

I wish Scioscia would give him more at bats at DH. I don't mind Conger catching a guy like Santiago who needs someone who can frame it, but Iannetta>Beckham and Navarro

Edited by Butcher'd

To further my last comment. Regardless of second half numbers, we arent where we are today without the congers, and cowgills, and Greens this year. Its been a total team effort...and its been a while since weve seen that

Good post AO. Salas has been a solid role player this year. Ill addd iannetta to the list....not the best catcher, but bat wise hes been very solid.

meh, we gave up Grichuk for him. Dude is dominating all the other Rondons.

Grichuk is having a good season in AAA in a ballpark not far from sea level unlike many of the western AAA ballparks.

But his stats scream out Trumbo (low OBP with high power).

I do still have some disapointment over the trade, because of Grichuk's skill set (excellent defense and arm and power).

But Salas and Freese have been much, much better the past three months than they were for the first two months.

As a member of the so called Bourjos brigade: no apologies needed. As I stated 8th another thread the pitching of Salas after the first month clearly gave the Angels the win on the trade.

So far he's been the best player involved in that trade.

Apologies to the Bourjos Brigade.

To be fair you should add Cron and Navarro. Bothe come up hot with with the bat and helped us win games.

To further my last comment. Regardless of second half numbers, we arent where we are today without the congers, and cowgills, and Greens this year. Its been a total team effort...and its been a while since weve seen that

Good post AO. Salas has been a solid role player this year. Ill addd iannetta to the list....not the best catcher, but bat wise hes been very solid.

Pujols.

From what I've read here he can't run, only hits into DP's or strikes out, runs bases like Roy Riegals (that's for AO) And isn't a leader.

His hit last night and going first-to-third were the MVP of the game.  I still can't believe he made it to 3B on that single.