• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout arguing correct strike three calls

Oz27

Abreu and V-Mart would finish ahead of Trout if the season ended today and possibly Felix.

Sox and Tigers are currently not in the playoffs. VMart isn't having as good of a season as Abreu or Trout and he's a DH. I could see Trout and Felix neck to neck if Felix pitches on fire the rest of the way and Mariners hold on to a wild card spot. 

Season ending now Trout wins.

Edited by ScottLux

Even if the White Sox and Tigers both made the playoffs, how would Abreu and Martinez be more deserving than Trout for the MVP? Does not compute.

I could see some voters giving Abreu first-place votes... but his HR and RBI totals are very similar to Trout's (assuming those are two big stats these voters look at, which they undoubtably do).

And does context not mean anything? Trout plays half his games at Angel Stadium while Abreu plays at U.S. Cellular Field. Trout plays at least 100 games per year at Angel Stadium + stadiums from the A's and Mariners. + their pitching.

And a big plodding first baseman putting up huge offensive numbers is not as impressive as a CF doing it. Plus once you include defense and baserunning, advantage Trout by far.

Trout has the highest wRC+ in all of baseball.

Edited by Angels

If Abreu gets more than like 2 first place votes then I will find Jeff Fletcher and give him a stern talking to.

Trout was penalized for being on a crappy team last year. Lets not change the "voting guidelines" these guys clearly have. Abreu has been fantastic, but he hasn't been that much better than the competition. I'd say Nelly gets more votes than him.

As for V-Mart.....lol. The day a DH wins the MVP is the day that award becomes worthless.

Felix is really Trout's only competition. And pitchers don't usually win the MVP unless they are just so hilariously better than everyone else AND their team makes the playoffs.

It is still Trout's to lose.