• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ray Donovan

I think Hank Azaria did a great job. I hope they figure out a way to bring him back next year.

I was wondering if this was possible and I'm not sure. I guess he could have a revenge aspect, but won't have any backing or clout like he did as an FBI director.

Just finished the binging.

I'd like it to have some more plot twists, but the show is really good. It comes with the territory, but I absolutely loathe the crazy/emotional/irrational wives and am not too into the relationship arcs. Everyone does a great job on the show, it's well cast. The episodes are really well done, I like the shit Ray can clean up. Oh, and we got Wendell Pierce!

I'm guessing they made that last episode like they were unsure if they were going to have another season?

Sooooooooooooooo much of that!

Carmella for Sopranos, Skylar from Breaking Bad, actually both chicks from Mad Men, and this psycho broad.

Outside of Skylar these broads know what their husbands do but want them to somehow be different people at home or act like they didn't marry that kind of guy.

That scene where Abbey is crying and says something like, "I just want you to look at me" drove me nuts.

I can't tell if they add these crazy chicks for the woman viewer aspect......even my chick finds some kind of justification for them being psychos.

• 2 years later...

it took a minute and some reading.

the leap was so great and confusing, it made zero sense. it was kind of wild and I had to google the thing everyone takes away from the episode and while it still doesn't make sense, I have somewhat of an idea of what they are doing.

there is a 10 month gap between last season and this one.

it started so off the walls and people were in different places and new characters randomly popped up to where I didn't want to like it, but putting the pieces together, and mainly reading the writers info from the episode, it's kind of mind blowing.

I feel like I can't have a cocktail with this season or I'm going to miss how they tie it altogether. 

They wrapped everything up so nicely last season. I think the writers were not expecting to come back, so they kind of had to reinvent themselves.

First episode did a good job of setting the table, and shocking you with someone's departure. 

Like Brandon, I kind of have an idea where they are going, especially with Bridget. As a few trailers have mentioned, "A new crime family is born"

I googled said characters name and ray Donovan. One of the first articles was an interview with the writer and I think he also directed last nights episode. Worth a read and helps make sense. 

My main takeaway is that with the show being aptly named, they are going in a direction that gets into a different dimension of the main character....which might end up being brilliant if they do it correctly.

Said departure is to still have a big role as they shape ray more.

Side note, have the emotion of the departure plus playing mazzy star "fade into you".....pulls at the heart strings 

2 hours ago, NJHalo said:

They wrapped everything up so nicely last season. I think the writers were not expecting to come back, so they kind of had to reinvent themselves.

First episode did a good job of setting the table, and shocking you with someone's departure. 

Like Brandon, I kind of have an idea where they are going, especially with Bridget. As a few trailers have mentioned, "A new crime family is born"

If I remember correctly, after season two they renewed for two more years, so they had it lined up.

Writer said they came up with the idea between season 3 and 4. They want to really dig deep with Ray.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

If I remember correctly, after season two they renewed for two more years, so they had it lined up.

Writer said they came up with the idea between season 3 and 4. They want to really dig deep with Ray.

It looks like season 5 wasn't confirmed until season 4 had finished production

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ray-donovan-renewed-season-5-918983

That's cool, maybe it was three and four then. Or maybe I am thinking of a different show entirely.

The ending to last season was pretty gnar and could have been a series finale type.....I don't remember some of the little stuff, just the main gist of the episode.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...