• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good news for iphone 5 users

Tank

apple has disclosed that some of their iphone 5 batteries are crap and they are now replacing them free of charge. there are links in the link i'm providing for you to check and see if you're eligible for a new battery.

i've had nothing but trouble with my battery. it doesn't hold a charge for very long, even with the most casual use. i had to turn off LTE within a week of purchase because my battery was draining by at least 25% at night just sitting on my night stand. i finally took it in to the apple store and upon running a diagnostics test, they determined that at most it was only charging up to 75% capacity, even though it said 100% on the display. i qualified for a new battery and am getting it replaced on friday. this will save me the trouble of buying a new phone when my contract expires in six months.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/11055857/Apple-admits-iPhone-battery-flaw-and-offers-free-fix.html

It was always weird hearing about the iPhone issues when my work 5s would last for days, granted with moderate to little usage. FWIW the big reason why I got the S5 over the other comparable phones was the removable battery. I want to be able to replace it long before it's usefulness is over.

My phone is having the battery issues as well 10 minutes of use and its down to 50-60%, then sudden drops of battery and random shutdowns well above 20% left. I have an appointment to get my free battery today. We'll see how it goes. Was holding out for the new iPhone or something different but a free new battery will hold me over for awhile. I have no issues with my iPhone 5.

Same thing happened to my 3gs. Battery went to shit, took it to Apple on the last day of the 1 year warranty, gave me a Refurb no questions asked right there at the genius bar in about 5 minutes because it was the last day instead of sending me one in the mail. Made my 3gs last until the iPhone 5 came out.

Edited by Aaronkv

well, i guess there are an awful lot of people getting a new battery. i went in for my appointment this afternoon only to find out they were out of batteries. more are on the way and i should be called in by sunday. the cute chick who helped me said it would take 1-2 hours to install the new battery.

went in to get my new battery this afternoon. something happened during install and according to the blue t-shirt guy, my phone was damaged. no explanation of what or how. solution? they gave me a new phone. can't complain about that. only issue now is transferring all of the old stuff (contacts, apps, pictures, etc) to the new phone. gonna be a long afternoon/evening since apparently i didn't have things as backed up as i thought i had.

I made sure I backed up my phone before I went in.

Showed up at 10am when they opened 20 minutes later walked out with a new battery. No issues here. Wouldn't have minded them "damaging" my phone. I got some good dings from some good drops.

Edited by Aaronkv

I made sure I backed up my phone before I went in.

my back up was to my computer. i had to do a sync of my calendar, but it wouldn't sync my contacts until i registered my email addresses, which also restored my notes. i had to restore my purchased music from iTunes, but that was simple enough. the only thing i'm truly bummed about is that all of my angry bird scores have been wiped out (stop judging me) and i've got to go back to zero on every single one of them. i had 3 stars on about 99% of the levels, so this will be a lot of work if i choose to give it another go.

went in to get my new battery this afternoon. something happened during install and according to the blue t-shirt guy, my phone was damaged. no explanation of what or how. solution? they gave me a new phone. can't complain about that. only issue now is transferring all of the old stuff (contacts, apps, pictures, etc) to the new phone. gonna be a long afternoon/evening since apparently i didn't have things as backed up as i thought i had.

Coincidence this happened the same day that all those celebrity nudes were released?!?!