• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NHL Expansion to Vegas - Official

gotbeer

I must say that the franchise is starting out the right way in marketing to the community. I had signed up for team updates online. Today I received a personal call from the ticket manager wanting to know if there was anything that they could do for me, telling me about the expansion draft and giving me a number to call for more information. 

On 5/16/2017 at 8:18 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I must say that the franchise is starting out the right way in marketing to the community. I had signed up for team updates online. Today I received a personal call from the ticket manager wanting to know if there was anything that they could do for me, telling me about the expansion draft and giving me a number to call for more information. 

Are you gonna go?

I might fly out for that. They are combining end of season awards with the expansion draft.

Only thing that totally f*cking sucks balls is they are doing it on a... Wednesday??

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So here is a rumor.

Vegas willing to take on contracts w/first rounders? Bobby Ryan? Fri's Buzz

Ryan has $7.25 million till 2022

That Bobby Ryan Contract makes Perry's contract not look as bad, Ryan at age 29/30 season had only 25 points in 62 games. His decline is happening at 2 years younger than Perry & a much worse of a decline. He doesn't play defense either, skates as slow as Perry or slower & has more durability issues than Perry. Ryan's cap hit is lower but he has 5 years left while Perry has only 4 left.

Just like Bobby Ryan & Corey Perry: Heatley & Cheecho didn't skate well at all & they suddenly declined early too.

I hope the Ducks are done with drafting guys who can't skate. They suddenly fall off a cliff at age 30 to 32.

On 5/22/2017 at 0:21 PM, mrwicked said:

Are you gonna go?

I might fly out for that. They are combining end of season awards with the expansion draft.

Only thing that totally f*cking sucks balls is they are doing it on a... Wednesday??

Not sure at this point, for the reason that you pointed out. It's in the middle of the week. I work about 40 miles north of the city, I would have to go straight from work and fight what is likely to be a mob. Then, have to get up at 5:15 AM to go to work the next morning.

23 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Not sure at this point, for the reason that you pointed out. It's in the middle of the week. I work about 40 miles north of the city, I would have to go straight from work and fight what is likely to be a mob. Then, have to get up at 5:15 AM to go to work the next morning.

I agree, getting old sucks. 

• 2 weeks later...

NHL Rumors: Trade/Waiver Freeze, Golden Knights, Ducks, Avs and Rangers

David Pagnotta: Sounds like the Golden Knights have trades worked out with the Anaheim Ducks, Chicago Blackhawks and Columbus Blue Jackets so far that are related to the expansion draft.

Bob McKenzie: All teams except the Vegas Golden Knights have a trade/waiver freeze starting Saturday June 17th at 3:00 PM ET. Teams have to submit their protected lists on Saturday June 17th by 5:00 PM ET.

Bob McKenzie: The trade/waiver freeze ends on Thursday June 22nd at 8:00 AM ET.

Bob McKenzie: Teams can make deals with Vegas, and only Vegas, starting on June 18th at 10:00 AM ET.

McPhee will pick Golden Knights on Tuesday

McPhee said Monday this would be the final day for teams to make trades as he will select his expansion team on Tuesday.

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun reported Sunday that the Florida Panthers, Ottawa Senators, Nashville Predators and Minnesota Wild were all trying to make deals with Vegas but had not yet reached a deal.

The New York Islanders, Anaheim Ducks, Columbus Blue Jackets and Chicago Blackhawks are all reported to already have deals in place with the Golden Knights.

Vegas is going to have a ton of picks to select or trade.

George McPhee Confirms Vegas Has Completed At Least Six Trades

McPhee made it clear that he’s willing to go that route, telling Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports that some expansion picks will be traded the very next day.

With the depth of goalie's available.  I wouldn't be surprised if Fleury is one that is traded right away.