• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NHL Expansion to Vegas - Official

gotbeer

list of players exempt from expansion draft.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/nhl-releases-list-players-exempt-004322515.html

Anaheim Ducks
Kevin Bieksa Ryan Getzlaf Ryan Kesler Corey Perry

Arizona Coyotes
Alex Goligoski

Boston Bruins
David Backes Patrice Bergeron Zdeno Chara David Krejci

Buffalo Sabres
Kyle Okposo

Carolina Hurricanes
Jordan Staal

Columbus Blue Jackets
Sergei Bobrovsky David Clarkson Brandon Dubinsky Nick Foligno Scott Hartnell

Chicago Blackhawks
Artem Anisimov Corey Crawford Niklas Hjalmarsson Marian Hossa Patrick Kane Duncan Keith Brent SeabrookJonathan Toews

Colorado Avalanche
Francois Beauchemin Erik Johnson

Dallas Stars
Jamie Benn Jason Spezza

Detroit Red Wings
Frans Nielsen

Edmonton Oilers
Milan Lucic Andrej Sekera Cam Talbot

Florida Panthers
Keith Yandle

Los Angeles Kings
Anze Kopitar

Minnesota Wild
Mikko Koivu Zach Parise Jason Pominville Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
Jeff Petry Carey Price

Nashville Predators
Pekka Rinne

New Jersey Devils
Ryane Clowe

New York Islanders
Johnny Boychuk Andrew Ladd John Tavares

New York Rangers
Dan Girardi Henrik Lundqvist Rick Nash Marc Staal

Ottawa Senators
Dion Phaneuf

Philadelphia Flyers
Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
Sidney Crosby Marc-Andre Fleury Phil Kessel Kris Letang Evgeni Malkin

Tampa Bay Lightning
Ryan Callahan Valtteri Filppula Victor Hedman Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
Nathan Horton

Vancouver Canucks
Loui Eriksson Daniel Sedin Henrik Sedin

Winnipeg Jets
Dustin Byfuglien Tobias Enstrom

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2016 at 9:40 AM, gotbeer said:

They are going to have Bieska waive his NMC or buy him out.

it's already done from what i hear. he agreed to waive it for the expansion draft before the season even started.

no way they take him, when they might have the chance to take manson or bernier. 

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, mrwicked said:

bieksa has waived, no need to buy him out.

one more year is fine. hes great in the clubhouse.

yep like i said before i think they do trade vatanen though, so they can get young forward. and keep manson. vatanen can be replaced, we dont have anyone else who plays like manson. and he's stellar with lindholm or fowler.

That saves the process of having to buy him out, they could still use him on the 3rd pairing next year to be Theodore, Larsson or Montours training wheels on the 3rd pairing since it doesn't seem likely they will go with 2 rookies on the 3rd pairing.

Despres I assume pulls a Chris Pronger & retires after his contract is up in several years from now.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to look this up but couldn't find any info on it...  Can Vegas trade the players they claim for the expansion draft?  I was thinking of a scenario where Vegas takes player A from a team in the central and then trades that player to another team in the central.  You don't see a lot of inner division trades especially if both teams have high expectations for the upcoming season but you could use vegas to help facilitate it.   It could be advantageous to vegas as well.  Lets say vegas wants two players from the Ducks.  They are both not protected but they could only take one.  Vegas comes to us and says "We are going to take vermette but we also want Manson.  Is there anyone you want from any other team that wont be protected that we can take to trade for him?"  Anyone know the rules for this?

8 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Some ditz of a reporter on the local NBC station asked Bill Foley what players he liked on other teams that might be available in the expansion draft. He tactfully told her that it wasn't a good idea to go public with that kind of information.

Was it Jeremy Roenick?

• 3 weeks later...

This is disappointing news.  I would have liked to see who was available.

What we learned last week in the NHL

Among the most interesting items from last week’s general managers’ meetings was their stated opposition to revealing their respective protected lists for the expansion draft that will stock the Vegas Golden Knights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...