• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What a difference a year makes

smoke and mirrors.

btw where were you the last 5 seasons? or is scioscia not accountable for losing?

I was right here. Where were you?

Of course he has something to do with everything that's happened in the last fifteen years. What of it? Would the organization be better off this year if he was fired in 2012 or 2013? Nope. Would we have 10 more wins this year? Nope.

He's one of the best managers of all time. At the rate he's going, he's going to make the Hall of Fame as a manager.

Sorry that you have had to endure a Hall of Fame worthy manager for a decade and a half. It's horrendous.

Edited by RallyMo

smoke and mirrors.

btw where were you the last 5 seasons? or is scioscia not accountable for losing?

How many of those years were losing seasons? If I recall, only one of those seasons was truly a bad season, and that was last year. A year where we had half of Albert for half the year, not much of Josh Hamilton, and a pitching staff that seriously sucked from top to bottom. So blame Scioscia if you'd like, as long as you don't expect anyone with commonsense to respect your opinion.

How many of those years were losing seasons? If I recall, only one of those seasons was truly a bad season, and that was last year. A year where we had half of Albert for half the year, not much of Josh Hamilton, and a pitching staff that seriously sucked from top to bottom. So blame Scioscia if you'd like, as long as you don't expect anyone with commonsense to respect your opinion.

I think he'd be hard pressed to make a convincing argument (when looking at his overall record as a manager) that Scioscia isn't one of the best of all time. If you want to consider last year, you have to consider this year.

The fact stands: his record is Hall of Fame material. All you have to do to figure that out is look at the list of managers that have made the HOF and then look at their achievements.

Edited by RallyMo

I think scioscia has managed better this year. I think he has been less stubborn and more willing to make less popular decisions. He has also acted with more urgency.

If I were voting for manager of the year, it would be between Scioscia and Showlater.

I think scioscia has managed better this year. I think he has been less stubborn and more willing to make less popular decisions. He has also acted with more urgency.

If I were voting for manager of the year, it would be between Scioscia and Showlater.

I agree with this. Except I would also include whoever manages the Royals into the manager of the year.

smoke and mirrors.

Uhhhh it's literally the exact opposite here. And it pretty much always has been.

Offense doing well? Our hitters are great!

Offense struggling? Fire Hatcher!

Pitching doing well? Our pitchers are awesome!

Pitching struggling? Fire Butcher!

You get the idea.

I am not happy with how Scioscia has handled some of the players. The Mathis/Napoli situation comes to mind. If Ibanez hadn't been cut he'd probably still be in the lineup the same way Vernon Wells was.

Possibly, re: Ibanez. Scioscia has been much more proactive this year in many ways.

He obviously didn't handle the Mathis/Naps situation well.

Still, he's a HOF manager.

this year is pretty cool, minus the crappy Richards and Skaggs injuries

I'd forgotten how fun baseball is when you're winning.

As for Scioscia, he is one of the better managers and it can be easy to neglect that in frustration. A 10-year contract to a manager is still ridiculous though, no matter how good they are.