• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

(Don't) Consider the Super Shuttle airport van...

I have a similar story with the shuttle, but they actually came back. And I even got a certain measure of revenge.

I flew into Oakland(I think I threw up a little, typing that), and the friend I was visiting hired a shuttle to pick me up and take me into SF. I landed at 6:00 and the shuttle was going to pick me up at 6:30. So I'm sitting outside of the terminal waiting, and it's 7:00. I had enough, so I called my buddy to see what the deal was. He calls the shuttle service, and it turns out they were there at the airport, but the driver got my phone number wrong, and started driving back to SF without me. But because they got my number wrong, they were obligated to come back and pick me up, and the best part, the driver was already over the Bay Bridge when he had to come back. He picked me up and the whole time he was telling me about how the only reason he came back was because he got the number wrong and how the gas and toll for the bridge would mean the fair wasn't going to turn a profit. When we got to my friend's place, he jumped out to get my bags. The universally known last ditch effort for a tip. Which I didn't give him. From then on, when I take that trip, I just take the BART. It's more dangerous, especially in the shadow of the coliseum, but at least it's more reliable.

Solution: Give them the same damn number you want them to use for both options.

You're assuming that the land line will work for pick-ups at airports.  The cord doesn't stretch that far from the house.

The cell number (the number Super Shuttle was instructed three times NOT to use for the most recent pick-up) gets zero service from the address for the land line.  

And if you think whatever nit wit is taking the reservation is going to take the time to enter (or comprehend) accurate phone instructions - and then the nit wit driver is going to actually read and use the instructions - then you haven't dealt with "service" in modern day 'merica.

Why is it Super Shuttle's problem that you have shitty cell phone service?

I'm not arguing, I totally agree it's crappy that they charged you anyway, that's just bad customer service. With all the money they make, they should be able to eat it so you'll actually consider calling them again. But apparently they don't care, hell, they've been around for as long as I can remember. Bet they've been pulling stunts like this for years. But honestly, it's $130, a family getting on an airplane had to be $1000+. Lesson learned, move on.

Next time, reserve a limo, it's a lot nicer for a little more coin and you can get buzzed on the way to wherever you have to go.

Why is it Super Shuttle's problem that you have shitty cell phone service?

I'm not arguing, I totally agree it's crappy that they charged you anyway, that's just bad customer service. With all the money they make, they should be able to eat it so you'll actually consider calling them again. But apparently they don't care, hell, they've been around for as long as I can remember. Bet they've been pulling stunts like this for years. But honestly, it's $130, a family getting on an airplane had to be $1000+. Lesson learned, move on.

Next time, reserve a limo, it's a lot nicer for a little more coin and you can get buzzed on the way to wherever you have to go.

It became Super Shuttle's problem when they called the number they were instructed NOT to call and then refused to refund the money.  

I moved on from Super Shuttle years ago.  In the words of the Clash, this is a public service announcement...to not use Super Shuttle.