• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia says he wishes Mathis was his son

Let's trade for Jeff Mathis now. Considering we need a SP maybe his CERA will turn LeBlanc into a usable piece?!?!

I doubt we could pull off such a trade without the A's blocking it. We'll have to sign him when he becomes a free agent this offseason. 

Mike Scioscia on Jeff Mathis - "Jeff Mathis is not only an outstanding catcher but he's the type of kid you want to be your son."

http://twitter.com/TaylorBlakeWard/status/504062517463638016

Who is

jqwnApmz_bigger.jpegTaylor Blake Ward

@Angels Columnist at @ValleyBayNews / Publisher at http://Angels.Scout.com  / Former@HDMavs Media Relations / Freelance Broadcaster / Cold Beer Drinker

Lake Arrowhead, CA Â· InsideTheHalos.com

Why the f*** don't the A's swing like that when they're playing us? And honestly I think we've just uncovered a weakness...screw giving them 90+ MPH pitches to jack, keep it at 77 and they apparently don't know what to do with it.

As for the comment by Skip, and his constant defense of Mathis making a difference behind the plate, did he forget the one and only time I think I've seen a catcher throw to 1st base when the runner was stealing? The cornerstone of a quality catcher if I've ever seen one. Good thing the 1st baseman was paying attention, he mighta got clunked in the head by the throw or it would have ended up down the right field line allowing the runner to easily score.

Real fresh stuff Sosh.

Why the f*** don't the A's swing like that when they're playing us? And honestly I think we've just uncovered a weakness...screw giving them 90+ MPH pitches to jack, keep it at 77 and they apparently don't know what to do with it.

As for the comment by Skip, and his constant defense of Mathis making a difference behind the plate, did he forget the one and only time I think I've seen a catcher throw to 1st base when the runner was stealing? The cornerstone of a quality catcher if I've ever seen one. Good thing the 1st baseman was paying attention, he mighta got clunked in the head by the throw or it would have ended up down the right field line allowing the runner to easily score.

Real fresh stuff FF.

Fixed

I wonder how his REAL son, Matt feels about that?

I guess Mike "Two Rings" Napoli didn't fit the profile huh?

Or Bengie "Gold Glove" Molina was too slow? At least Bengie HIT THE FREAKING ball...especially when it mattered.

Jeff Mathis will always be the "Second Ranked Catching Prospect"- behind JOE MAUER

Napoli only has one ring. For such an epic collapse by the Rangers, you seem to forget this. I think it's also the second time I've seen someone post that he has two rings.

Since the ASB, Mathis and Conger have played in the same number of games (15) and had exactly the same number of plate appearances (48), so the comparison is valid.

Mathis' OPS is 131 points higher than Conger's during that time.

It's still a small sample size of 15 games. For Conger it's been a slump, for Mathis a hot streak. This is the more telling.

AVG HR RBI OBP

.205 2 11 .270

Career

.196 41 206 .256

But on the lighter side, it is funny that Scioscia can't let it go either--same as this board. 

Edited by Michifan