• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When did you become an Angels fan? Were you an Angels fan before, during or after the 2002 season?

Angels Fandom DOB: ?  

465 members have voted

1. 1. Were you an Angels fan before the 2002 World Championship Season?

• Yes, I was a fan before the 2002 season
    • No, I became a fan after the 2002 season
    • No, I became a fan during the 2002 season
  2. 2. When did you become an Angels fan?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kylegstrange said:

Ya seriously.  why don't bug the other 99% on here that are pissed off too..F*ck man

Because you post the shit in a thread dedicated for people to share when they began following the Angels.

Plus, all you do is bitch. You bring absolutely nothing else to the site. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Can this thread go away?  At some point it seems very pathetic for Angel fans to pivot discussion points against the one WS 16 years ago, doesn't it?

I get this thread a decade ago.  But now?

It's just a bit sad.  And I ask honestly, after 16 years, is it really all that interesting at all if someone became a fan before or after 2002?

Again, all it does is underscore how pathetic is is that the Angels have one WS in its entire history.

Hey quick poll:  Did everyone become friends with that nerd before or after he had his one and only kiss with a girl 16 years ago?

See my point?

I think the poll is out dated too. And in a way 'if you became a fan' only because we won a World Series, it sounds a bit like you are a bandwagoner type of fan. The Question probably wasn't meant to reference that, but it kind of sounds like that to me.

What if the Question was rephrased to something like: "Were you a fan before or after Mike Trout became an Angel?" Again, it kind of sounds like you are asking the Question of: "Are you a bandwagon fan and going to stop being an Angel fan if Trout moves on to another team?" 

I wonder if the Cubs had a Question like this on their board before the 2016 season?  "Were you a fan of the Cub's before or after they won their last World Series back in 1907?"

I just hope someone has the common sense to take this Poll down from the Angels Win Board so it doesn't remain at the top for 109 years. (God forbid that it takes us that long to repeat).

If you are an Angel fan in 2003 because they won the WS, it probably is kind of lame.

If you became a fan during 2002 or hooked on to the team rigjt after they won, and you are STILL a fan now 16 years later, I would say you are legit.

So at some point (Like now) I don't see all that much relevancy as to whether someone became a fan prior to or after 2002.

• 2 months later...

People worry way way too much about labels.   

If someone is concerned about their status as a fan because of this poll, LOL....    People like a team for all sorts of stupid reasons, if they throw money at the team and support them it counts the same as anyone else.   I became a Cowboys fan as a child, living in NY because I thought the helmets looked cool -- I discovered Roger Staubach was awesome after the fact.  

1962, 1982, 2002, 2012..   Doesn't matter -- Go Angels.

The WS was the Angels crowning achievement, it put them on the map, it gave them a much bigger profile...   It will always serve as a marker of sorts, I don't think this poll does anything really other than allow for people to gain an insight into people's experiences as a fan of the Angels...     Prior to 2002, the Angel fan experience was built around .500 being a good season.  Post 2002, just winning the division was considered a let down by many.

That 2002 doesnt so much stand out as a bandwagon moment for me, but rather the point when the Angels went from being also rans to something much much bigger and the fan experience and expectations changed with it.

Edited by Inside Pitch

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 9:45 AM, Dtwncbad said:

Again, all it does is underscore how pathetic is is that the Angels have one WS in its entire history.

Theres like 6 or 7 teams out of 30 that have multiple rings, and all are pre expansion teams. 

The one series the angels have is as many or more than lots of people have seen in their lifetime.

Take away NY and Boston, you have what, the Cards? Giants? Oakland is up there....and if youre old enough you saw a few. 

Then who? Rangers? Mariners? Houston just won their first.

Whos the dynasty team in the AL central? 

Not sure its any more pathetic that the angels have one ring versus fans that pump their chest out for rings theyre not old enough to have seen. Thats like bragging about chicks you banged in high school.

Portugal and Spain were once major world powers, too.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Theres like 6 or 7 teams out of 30 that have multiple rings, and all are pre expansion teams. 

The one series the angels have is as many or more than lots of people have seen in their lifetime.

Take away NY and Boston, you have what, the Cards? Giants? Oakland is up there....and if youre old enough you saw a few. 

Then who? Rangers? Mariners? Houston just won their first.

Whos the dynasty team in the AL central? 

Not sure its any more pathetic that the angels have one ring versus fans that pump their chest out for rings theyre not old enough to have seen. Thats like bragging about chicks you banged in a previous lifetime.  

Portugal and Spain were once major world powers, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Being from AZ I loosely followed the D'backs however never really felt a personal connection to them. However I really was fascinated with Vlad and how he would never wear gloves to bat. Helped I would drive by Diablo Stadium frequently whenever we'd go to see my Dad at work in downtown Phoenix too. I really got into the Angels when I got back in the MLB the Show series with MLB 14. I had an absolute blast playing with the Halos on there. I then started watching Angels games more that year, checking up on stats and such. Bought my first Angels hat a year later, and never looked back. I do envy the oldheads here who grew up watching this team from the start. I imagine you have a lot of great stories. The Angels will always be my team now.