• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When did you become an Angels fan? Were you an Angels fan before, during or after the 2002 season?

Angels Fandom DOB: ?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. Were you an Angels fan before the 2002 World Championship Season?

• Yes, I was a fan before the 2002 season
    • No, I became a fan after the 2002 season
    • No, I became a fan during the 2002 season
  2. 2. When did you become an Angels fan?

I became an Angels fan when I was in 6th grade. It was the 2000-2001 season. It was the last season the Angels wore the hideous Disney jerseys and right before they won their first World Series.

I still remember watching the local news the following year on what a big deal it was for the Angels to beat the Yankees in the ALDS.

258348-375-264.jpg

Teammate: High five pal! Herp derp derp

Tim: We look like such idiots in these uniforms...FML

• 2 months later...

It's been awhile since I told this story. It was the summer of 1992. The weather was nice and my friend and I decided to skip work to see the Angels play a day game.

We brought the cheap seats because the crowd was small back in those days. Of course we venture away from our seats and found new ones a few rows up behind the plate.

We both noticed the rookie in RF. We were talking about him when the women behind me spoke to us and she told us that it was her boyfriend /husband Tim Salmon. She was so hot I became a fan for life.

• 6 months later...

I was real young when my parents took me to my first game 1971. First real game I remembered though (I don't remember the outcome or who they played) was in 1973-1974 and watching Nolan Ryan warm up and the sounds the ball made coming out of his hand ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sounded like a bee buzzing by then the loud POP in the glove.

When I lived in Jacksonville Nolan Ryan pitched for the Jacksonville Suns, hen the AAA farm club of the New York Mets (in the period immediately preceding the "Miracle Mets" of 1969). I watched Ryan warm up in the bullpen prior to his first start and I have never seen anyone throw that hard before or since. No control whatsoever back then, but he threw bullets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a true angel fan, from the 1960s early 60s, my dad and his dad took me to my first angel game at old Wrigley Field I will never forget that, that old Crackerbox field of a ballpark and to this day I'm still a true fan gone through a lot of ups and downs with this team but all in all I wouldn't change a thing.

• 1 month later...

A little late to this topic, but in the late 70's and early-ish 80's I was a Dodgers fan, primarily because Mark Crese lived in my neighborhood, and would give us kids the broken bats from the Dodgers....he sawed off the barrel to make lamps, and give us the rest, as kids we would be playing wiffle ball with bats of Russell, Cey, Garvey, Yeager etc....

In the mid 80's my dad's company had season tickets to the Angels.  From about 85 on, I would go to at least 20 games a year, including the 87 All Star game....I have ensured my children did not make the same mistake.,...they have been Angel fans since birth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I started off as an Angel and Dodger fan when I was a kid. Loved Mike Piazza, Eric Karros, Raul Mondesi, Tim Salmon, and Jim Edmonds. Then for some weird reason, I started hating the Dodgers and the Angels became my only team by about 2000.

It's still nice to be able to tease my friends that the last time the Dodgers won was in 1988, a year my friends were not even born or not even one year old, so they didn't know what was going on.

2002>1988.

Although the Dodgers do look like the better bet to win it all in the near future. My fingers will continue to stay crossed that it won't happen.

1981 was my first game.  Started going more regularly in 1985.  Was a huge fan of Wally World in 86.  I had every rookie card of his.  Thought he was going to have a long distinguished HOF career.  Obviously that didn't happen, but still had a solid career as a good gap hitter who was smooth around first base.

I went to a Angels Wives vs Dodgers Wives charity softball game at Cal State LA in 86.  Got Fernando's autograph.

• 2 weeks later...

Right after Erstad caught the ball for the last out of the 2002 World Series, slightly after the Celebration, I painted up my car.

Living in the City at the time... (South Coast Plaza area...) I had a whole, helluva lotta, people, honk, wave, yell, ... As they drove by!

I kept my Beast painted up for awhile after that, but it sort of wore off..... Eventually.

That now seems like a long while ago.......................................................... My HAIR was an entirely DIFFERENT color!

No Scheisse!

LOL!

Go Halos!

I was in little league (1963) sitting in right field pavilion at Dodger Stadium when WALLY MOON threw a ball our way after pre-game warm-ups and I was lucky enough to catch the ball and still have it.   Too bad you can't sit in seats that aren't being used like the good ole days.   I can't remember how many Angel games I saw behind home plate for under $3.00 (gen. admission tickets).   

Was a Reggie Jackson fan when I was a kid. I was 11 when he went to the Angels. Been a die hard fan ever since.

Awesome! Loved Reggie too. I was here in Seattle visiting my dad and the Yankees were in town playing the Mariners at the Kingdom. At the time I was both an Angels AND Yankees fan (this was before Reggie went to the Angels too). Anyhow I was sporting my Yankees hat and jersey and as an 8 year old I was giving all the M's fans shit. :)

Oh yeah, Reggie was so big that they had vendors selling Reggie Bars, if you remember those. 

90ab5245-1e16-473a-8d7c-c1bcdd8c92a9_lg.

• 1 month later...

3rd generation Angels fan. My grandpa moved to California from West Virginia in the early 60s, and became an Angels fan right away. He raised all his kids, including my mom to be Angels fan, and my mom and her aunts raised all their kids to be Angels fan. So ive been a Angels fan since birth. My dad HATES the Dodgers, and ended up an Angels fan.

Now my nephew is being raised an Angels fan, i dont have kids myself, but if i ever do, they all be Angels fan too!

I was 13 when we won the WS and yes, I had a few tears in my eyes

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2013 at 8:38 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Who here was NOT a fan of the team before the 2002 season? Who here was? When?

I'm trying to gather some data for something I'm going to be posting on a regular basis throughout this season that I think you all will enjoy re: the 2002 World Championship Season. 

Vote! 

I hate to admit it, but I was a Los Angeles Angel PCL fan back in l950's when they called Wrigley Field their home.  Was a short time Dodger fan when they invaded LA.  Became a full time Angel in the late '60's and the rest is history