• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When did you become an Angels fan? Were you an Angels fan before, during or after the 2002 season?

Angels Fandom DOB: ?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. Were you an Angels fan before the 2002 World Championship Season?

• Yes, I was a fan before the 2002 season
    • No, I became a fan after the 2002 season
    • No, I became a fan during the 2002 season
  2. 2. When did you become an Angels fan?

I am a dedicated, diehard fan. I've been a fan for over 11 years now dating all the way back to September of 2002.

I've been with this team since guys like David Eckstein and Tim Salmon were amongst our beloved crew.

Admittedly, I haven't been watching much for the past three or so years, but I am a dedicated fan and I love my Angels.

I understand rallymo. While the angels have been struggling recently, us lifelong clippers fans haven't beentoo bummed out when it comes to sports the past few years. Clipper nation is on the rise! Except we cacan't settle for being happy just making the playoffs now. Now it must be championship or bust. Anything less than a parade in june in downtown los Angeles will be a massive disappointment.

Ride with us, or collide with us! We love our clips!

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly growing up in the Inland Empire I was a Dodger fan.  Then my parents got divorced and my mom and I ended up moving to Santa Ana Bristol/Memory Lane area in 1990.  I was in 8th grade.  Since I was new in town and didn't have many friends I rode my bike up the Santa Ana river trail over to the big A just to poke around.  I made new friends that were workers for the stadium, then I started to go to Angels and Rams games with them and the rest is history. 

Edited by Tanaka

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest, I was a Yankees fan from the age of 5 till 8 years old. I didn't become a full fledge Angels fan till I was nine. Boy did I love the old Yankees. Guidry, Randolph, Reggie Jackson, Chambliss, Nettles, Dent, Munson, Goose, Hunter.... The Yankees of the 70's really got me into Baseball. 

Ha...   that's funny.  I was an Angels fan from the womb because my Dad was a huge Ryan fan.  Growing up my three favorite players were Ryan, Grich, and Reggie...   The Reggie love came in part because the Yankees had beaten the Dodgers in 77 and 78 with Reggie going apeshit both years, and anything and anyone that made Dodger fans sad was my favorite...  When Reggie came over in 82, I never again bothered to follow the Yankees.

Ha...   that's funny.  I was an Angels fan from the womb because my Dad was a huge Ryan fan.  Growing up my three favorite players were Ryan, Grich, and Reggie...   The Reggie love came in part because the Yankees had beaten the Dodgers in 77 and 78 with Reggie going apeshit both years, and anything and anyone that made Dodger fans sad was my favorite...  When Reggie came over in 82, I never again bothered to follow the Yankees.

I remember going to the Kingdome with my dad when I was 7 years old and the M's were playing the Yankees. It was a sold out crowd and they were selling Reggie Jackson candy bars EVERYWHERE! I felt like I was in an indoor version of Yankee stadium. Way more Yankee fans in attendance than Mariner fans. I was giving some M's fans shit, but fun bantering.

• 1 month later...

I'm an Angels fan by birth, so you can say that I've been a fan since 1984. It was honestly in 1993 when I became a real fan and it is all thanks to Mr. Angel himself, Tim Salmon. I remember as a kid how much excitement was around that rookie kid. He shortly became my favorite player and I've been a fan of the Angels ever since. 

• 1 month later...

I was 10 when the Angels won the world series and it was the first postseason I watched the whole way through. I also watched it with my grandpa who passed away in the coming months. That's when I started to like the Angels and did what most kids do in choosing a team to like that doesn't live near a pro team. I have followed them ever since and love watching them play. Hoping this season ends the same way 2002 did.

I became a fan in '79. We moved to SoCal a few years earlier and I was big into playing baseball at the time. A friends Dad took us to the Big A to see a game that year and I was hooked. I got to see Ryan and Tanana pitch in different games, along with Baylor, Downing and the rest.

We got to enjoy the playoffs that year, and I wasn't too disappointed when we lost to the Royals. It was much harder in '82 when we were so close to the Series before losing to Milwaukee. Don't get me started on the disappointment of '86. However, it all made 2002 that much sweeter!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My dad used to take me to Angels games back in the 80's when i was a kid. We lived a couple blocks from the stadium back then. I started following the team regularly back in the 90's. I will never forget that 2002 season! To see the team win it all after all those losing seasons was the best!

• 2 weeks later...

I moved to Southern California in 2007 and became an Angels fan in 2009. I grew up in Illinois and was a white sox fan. I started going to Angels game when I moved here and really started liking them. I really hated the direction the white sox were going and being that southern california is my new home for the next 30 years at least, I became an angels fan. 

(yes I liked the ChiSox in 2005 during the infamous AJ P game, please don't hold it against me)

• 2 weeks later...