• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where is Grant Green?

I still don't understand the people acting like he's a viable replacement for Kendrick next season. If he doesn't get non-tendered there's something seriously wrong, then when/if he does he'll get a cheap bench contract or maybe even a minor league deal. I don't like the deal because it delays the return of Green, may even mean Green misses the postseason roster and Beckham doesn't play shortstop (which would have allowed us to bring the McDonald thing to a long overdue close)...but it's not the sort of deal I'm going to lose much sleep over.

this, Im the first one to admit that Kendrick is both disappointing and frustrating at times. That being said, he is still one of the better 2nd basemen in baseball. Its a thin position and he brings a 3 WAR at less then 10 million. It wont be easy to replace him. 

We need both Green and Kendrick, at least for this year. 

I'm keen to see what Green can do at DH. I'm not thrilled with Navarro (no power), Cron (an out machine), or the "rotating" DH (AL teams with a track record of success the last few years have usually had a permanent fixture in the DH slot, such as Boston-Ortiz, Detroit-Martinez). 

My thoughts are if it was that easy to find then most teams would have a utility guy that plays plus defense at three different infield positions that makes the major league minimum. Since most teams don't I'll assume it's not as easy to find as that. Now if you were to say you'd rather give up some defense for a more rounded player then I could see your point.

Jimenez is a plus defender at 3B and could be the defensive replacement for Freese while actually being able to hit as well. A combination of him and Green this season would have been just fine. The issue is lack of SS cover, but both have some experience there so if Aybar picked up an in-game injury either could play a couple of innings there and we call someone else up the next day. But we didn't need a plus defender at three positions, we only needed a plus defender at 3B...and we have one at AAA.

We need both Green and Kendrick, at least for this year. 

I'm keen to see what Green can do at DH. I'm not thrilled with Navarro (no power), Cron (an out machine), or the "rotating" DH (AL teams with a track record of success the last few years have usually had a permanent fixture in the DH slot, such as Boston-Ortiz, Detroit-Martinez). 

Nothing wrong with the rotating DH, worked fine for us in 2008. It just doesn't work so much when the guys you're rotating suck. With Green back I'd argue he should see most time there, but I don't think he would/should have the DH spot exclusively.

• 2 weeks later...