• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ideal 6 innings but the same bugaboo lately for Weave

Being upset at Weaver after last night is the equivalent of being upset at Hamilton for not hitting his home run further.

But again, where in my tone of the op did I show being upset at Weaver.   It wasn't for last night for sure and likely was just throwing strikes in the 7th, but just touching on a part of his game that has declined this season (endurance within each game).     Scioscia seemed to be a little concerned, since he took him out after those 4 hits in the inning.

Is he still a rock solid guy until that point of the game?   Yes    Is there at least some concern about his durability after 90 pitches?   Yes, also

That being said, once post-season arrives and more off days exist, the pen can more often relieve him once he gets to 90 pitches and begins to struggle.  

Weaver was losing his command in the 7th. His pitches were all up in the zone and he needed to be pulled but until he proved he couldn't adjust Scioscia has to give him the benefit of years of success and let him pitch. This was a game that could have slipped away early but every inning the Angels put up a run Weaver responded with a zero. Props to Jered for securing the win.

Edited by Eric Notti

He's not upset at Weaver. That is a total strawman.

He's simply pointing out that Weaver hits a wall after 90 pitches. And he's right.

I get it, and I wasn't really even calling out AO for this so much. Weaver just gave us the effort we needed from him and the idea of immediately bringing up the negatives, even if they are true, and they are, to me just smells of someone that will never be happy with anything the Angels do. Its basically waiting for the other show to drop, constantly, as opposed to enjoying the moment, for at least a moment.

I get it, and I wasn't really even calling out AO for this so much. Weaver just gave us the effort we needed from him and the idea of immediately bringing up the negatives, even if they are true, and they are, to me just smells of someone that will never be happy with anything the Angels do. Its basically waiting for the other show to drop, constantly, as opposed to enjoying the moment, for at least a moment.

This is how discussion works, considering you're on a discussion board. Would you rather have 30 consecutive "yay!" posts?

This is how discussion works, considering you're on a discussion board. Would you rather have 30 consecutive "yay!" posts?

I don't know, maybe this thread gets a different reaction if someone else makes it.  But with AO it just gets kind of old.  Team blows out the A's and takes the lead in the division again and what is the first thread coming from him?  Weaver is only good through six.

It isn't that this probably isn't the case but maybe it is the case of the boy who cried wolf, or in AO's case, the dude who has perfected the skill of finding a cloud in every silver lining.

I like AO, a lot.  He has provided a solid amount of humor to this board, he also isn't some argumentative troll.  He can have conversations, I just think the act is old to some folks.

I don't know, maybe this thread gets a different reaction if someone else makes it.  But with AO it just gets kind of old.  Team blows out the A's and takes the lead in the division again and what is the first thread coming from him?  Weaver is only good through six.

It isn't that this probably isn't the case but maybe it is the case of the boy who cried wolf, or in AO's case, the dude who has perfected the skill of finding a cloud in every silver lining.

I like AO, a lot.  He has provided a solid amount of humor to this board, he also isn't some argumentative troll.  He can have conversations, I just think the act is old to some folks.

At least he didn't mention lack of international signings and Arte's "medling" in this thread.  Baby steps....

I hear you, and I get that, but I feel like it's a two way street.

It seems like there are a select few old timers here who see a thread like this and can't wait to pounce on anyone who participates and label them a "failo" or act like the board has turned to shit. When I saw this thread I was certain that there were gonna be some of the vets here that would start razzing posters, calling them whiners and so on. But anyone with common sense can see that this wasn't intended to be a complaining thread or a whine-fest.

I've been an angelswin member since 2008 or so and I don't really see a difference in board content, but it seems like a lot of the old timers are really the whiny ones these days. 

We're all a bunch of whiners. We whine about the team, then people whine about the people whining about the team, then people whine about the people whining about the people whining about the team. It's an endless cycle of sand that keeps getting blown into the vagina that is angelswin.com.

And the team is out there with the best record in baseball.

It seems like there are a select few old timers here who see a thread like this and can't wait to pounce on anyone who participates and label them a "failo" or act like the board has turned to shit. When I saw this thread I was certain that there were gonna be some of the vets here that would start razzing posters, calling them whiners and so on. But anyone with common sense can see that this wasn't intended to be a complaining thread or a whine-fest.

I've been an angelswin member since 2008 or so and I don't really see a difference in board content, but it seems like a lot of the old timers are really the whiny ones these days.

You are right and AO certainly is one of the whiny old timers.

Totally nailed it. It's ridiculous and far more annoying than anyone who actually complains about the team excessively.

The premise of this thread is spot on...Weaver looked as good as ever (85MPH fastball aside) for the first six innings then got crushed in the seventh as the pitch count got up. It's happened quite a bit this year and will probably force us to be quick on the hook come the playoffs.

Totally nailed it. It's ridiculous and far more annoying than anyone who actually complains about the team excessively.

The premise of this thread is spot on...Weaver looked as good as ever (85MPH fastball aside) for the first six innings then got crushed in the seventh as the pitch count got up. It's happened quite a bit this year and will probably force us to be quick on the hook come the playoffs.

Obviously not to everyone OZ.

Obviously not to everyone OZ.

Maybe not. But surely you understand that, to many, the predictable response to any thread which isn't all "yay, everything is awesome, everyone is awesome, Go Angels!" from the same people every damn time is annoying?

Of course, I also understand that negativity is what makes this place go.  That is why negative threads are way more popular than positive ones.  However, just because it is the norm doesn't mean that all of us find that enjoyable.

For me, a negative thread is a negative thread, I can stay out of it if I want.  I just don't like other threads taken over by negative posts.  Having to wade through 15 "Pujols sucks" posts to get to the 5 that actually have something interesting to say.

Ya and the game day threads are getting out of hand. I do my share of complaining, but that thread makes it look like we have the worst record in baseball.

I propose if we take 3 out of 4 or better against Oakland this weekend, that thread has no negativity in it for the rest of the season. Or at least have it trimmed down to "dammit Kendrick" rather than "Kendrick is a piece of crap and he sucks blah blah blah"

Ya and the game day threads are getting out of hand. I do my share of complaining, but that thread makes it look like we have the worst record in baseball.

I propose if we take 3 out of 4 or better against Oakland this weekend, that thread has no negativity in it for the rest of the season. Or at least have it trimmed down to "dammit Kendrick" rather than "Kendrick is a piece of crap and he sucks blah blah blah"

Yeah good luck with that.

According to Brooks Baseball PitchFX tool Weaver's fastball averaged 88.5 mph with a high of 91.4 mph (during the 2nd and 3rd inning). During the 7th inning his fastball did drop off below 88 mph showing that he was tiring.