• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oakland here I come

You can actually sit in the dugout it's so empty.  They'll even pay you to come to games and send a limo to pick you up.  You'll also get a free steak dinner, a jersey and a Rickey Henderson bobblehead.

Edited by True Grich

At least the noise level there is sane. They don't constantly play rock music at deafening volume throughout the game. At least they didn't the last time I was there two years ago. You can actually enjoy the game. Baseball is exciting, but also a leisurely game. You don't need high-decibel noise to make it interesting.

At least the noise level there is sane. They don't constantly play rock music at deafening volume throughout the game. At least they didn't the last time I was there two years ago. You can actually enjoy the game. Baseball is exciting, but also a leisurely game. You don't need high-decibel noise to make it interesting.

You have the drummers in left field blasting noise the whole game but I kind of like it. Oakland may not have great attendance but they have some diehard fans. 

You have the drummers in left field blasting noise the whole game but I kind of like it. Oakland may not have great attendance but they have some diehard fans. 

That noise is tolerable if you're sitting on the right field side. I usually get comped field level seats behind the first-base dugout from my sister, who has close friends in the front office. It's quiet down there and you can simply watch the game and enjoy it. Totally different atmosphere from the Big A. I love the Angels, but hate all the noisy and obnoxious game-time trappings.

And you're right. Most A's fans are there to watch the game, not to throw beach balls around and do the wave.

Games at that piece of feces stadium are legit.  The A's fans, as much as we make fun of Tarpy, etc here, are cool.  Never had a bad experience with them when I've seen Angel games there.  They know the game very well and aren't obnoxious/as drunk about it as some of the fans from the east coast.  

The park, of course, is not made for baseball and is as ugly as it gets.  But it has a blue collar charm to it and you feel like you're really there to watch/study a game.  No sausage races, and the audio assaults the second a third out is made are limited, unlike the Big A where it almost feels like the game is an interruption of all the sales pitches and lame ass scoreboard games (sponsored by Chevron, Monster Energy Drink, Melissa's Produce, etc.)

It's easy to go to a game at SF Giants Park, or even the Big A.  You've got to work for it at the Mausoleum and you are thus rewarded.  

As you probably saw on TV the whole series was packed. Same attendance as an Angels game. Fans are really into the team and everyone was nice to us or at least tolerant. You could tell this was not a front runner crowd. It was a good baseball atmosphere and despite the ragged feeling of the ballpark, it was a good time. Didn't hurt to see the Angels pounce on the A's.

Edited by lovetheangels

Games at that piece of feces stadium are legit.  The A's fans, as much as we make fun of Tarpy, etc here, are cool.  Never had a bad experience with them when I've seen Angel games there.  They know the game very well and aren't obnoxious/as drunk about it as some of the fans from the east coast.

The park, of course, is not made for baseball and is as ugly as it gets.  But it has a blue collar charm to it and you feel like you're really there to watch/study a game.  No sausage races, and the audio assaults the second a third out is made are limited, unlike the Big A where it almost feels like the game is an interruption of all the sales pitches and lame ass scoreboard games (sponsored by Chevron, Monster Energy Drink, Melissa's Produce, etc.)

It's easy to go to a game at SF Giants Park, or even the Big A.  You've got to work for it at the Mausoleum and you are thus rewarded.  

I was at the game tonight.  Third game I've been to and only one we have won.  All 3 have been Weaver starts.  I'm surprised you have never encountered an obnoxious A's fan.  I always go with one of my friends who is an A's fan and whether I'm with him or not and going to grab a drink/food/go to the bathroom, I constantly encounter obnoxious fans who just feel the need to talk smack in an unfriendly manner.  And every time I have ran into at least one person who has said something along the lines of: "F*** Weaver, Weaver is a f****** fa****! f*** you! You still lost the series you POS!"...as I keep walking, trying not to give him any sort of acknowledgment.  I can assure you I am not a loud fan unless I'm at Anaheim trying to get the crowd pumped.  So all of this is unwarranted and happens every game I have gone to.  It was even worse this time because we actually won, but it has happened the other 2 times we lost also.  For the most part, I have found A's fans to be pretty cool.  I have also found that they can be some of the most obnoxious and inhospitable fans around.