• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ranger fans just can't wait....

Two WS appearances ... I think the real fans will cheer him.

Great player and decent person. he will be booed because he is an Angel and wants to beat texas now. Silly to take anything the guy has said or done personally. Sometimes its fun to boo. I remember after Texas signed A-rod and texas played in Seattle. I have NEVER seen so much but-hurt ever. the boos were deafening and some of the things you could hear the fans say on TV were pretty horrible. Now that was crazy. I dont think it gets close. Anyway Hamilton has short ABS so the time fans will have to boo will be very short...

Great player and decent person. he will be booed because he is an Angel and wants to beat texas now. Silly to take anything the guy has said or done personally. Sometimes its fun to boo. I remember after Texas signed A-rod and texas played in Seattle. I have NEVER seen so much but-hurt ever. the boos were deafening and some of the things you could hear the fans say on TV were pretty horrible. Now that was crazy. I dont think it gets close. Anyway Hamilton has short ABS so the time fans will have to boo will be very short...

I remember that like it was yesterday.

Dallas/Arlington/Metroplex is not a baseball town. Get over yourselves.

no. miami/tampa bay/florida is not a baseball town

anyway, i was annoyed by hamilton's comments about the fans but i got over it. players like cj wilson are looked upon more favorably because they don't disparage fans.

I wish you guys talked more shit about the A's.  I mean, I think even you guys are sick of rehashing that Ranger fans are bitter that you took their players.

My bold prediction of the year: A's will win the AL West. Texas and the Angels will both be wildcards.

I've lived in this town for 17 years now..  I can say that for a city that is happy he is gone, they have a huge infatuation.  Their sports shows even report daily how he's hitting.  

I've lived in the DFW area for 14 years now.  And, yes, even this morning I heard them talk about Josh Hamilton going o-fer.  They are obsessed with Josh Hamilton even after leaving.

you going to any games starving?

Unfortunately I don't think so. I live about 2 miles from the ballpark too. If I do go last minute it'll be Sunday night.

I know most of you guys are being intentionally glib about this, but the Rangers fans don't hate him because he left. We hate him because he quit on the team, he's a junky and a hypocrite, and he talks about Jesus 24/7 and uses that as a shield to protect him from the consequences of his behavior.

Let's just say, hypothetically, at the ASB he's batting .210 with 7 HRs and is on pace for 300 Ks. Then a reporter asks him about his first half and he says something like "well, God put me where he wants me to be and I'm just here to live my life according to Jesus's plan." ....then you will begin to see how we feel about him.  :)

How did they feel about him as he was trotting around the bases after hitting the HR that should have given the Angers their first WS title?  Were they just as disturbed by his addiction and hypocrisy then?

Dictionary.com defines hypocrite: 

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Does that not make them hypocrites?

Josh Hamilton gave up during the Orioles play-in game.

Josh Hamilton hides behind his faith.

Josh Hamilton dropped the fly ball in the Oakland series (gave up).

A note...fans are showing up with taped X's over Hamilton Jersey number.  Tape over his name.

Rangers fans knew Josh wasn't coming back so they created all this crap to hate him on the way out. Hating a guy because of his faith is pathetic. He has also been forthcoming with his drug addiction to the public and NOW Rangers fans want to hold it against him. Rangers fans are embarrassing themselves in front of the world. Hope they keep it up. Washington also has battled with drugs but fans aren't holding that against him...at least until he leaves.

I wonder what kind of team mate he was? Any chance the hostility boils over to the game and he gets drilled? Did he team mates like him, are they pissed he didn't re-sign? Or is it more fan induced like how we feel about Lackey or Texeria?

How did they feel about him as he was trotting around the bases after hitting the HR that should have given the Angers their first WS title?  Were they just as disturbed by his addiction and hypocrisy then?

Dictionary.com defines hypocrite: 

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Does that not make them hypocrites?

The answer is 'yes'.Most people forgave him for the fact that he was a crackhead, junky, hypocrite because he was good at baseball. ...then he stopped being good at baseball for the last half of the season and he was still a crackhead, junky, hypocrite.