• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon.

rafibomb

Yeah well this sucks.  I'm sure Richards will be fine.  Too bad we didn't pick up SP at the trade deadline.

Every time I read someone say "get a starting pitcher" I have to ask, who the hell could we get with our farm system?  No one is going to give us a SP as a sign of friendship.

Arte has the money, I'm sure. The team is worth about five times what he paid for it in CASH back in 2003. His net worth is also way up there.

According to the Orange County Business Journal, Aug. 4-10, 2014, of "OC's Wealthiest 2014", Arturo Moreno, Owner, Angels Baseball LP, Estimated Worth: $1.4 billion, ranks #11.

I think he's got the coin.

Aaron, I did have that thought last night, about there maybe being wear and tear already on the knee, and it maybe took just enough of a tweak to expose it. 

Although the angle the knee was at when he fell was somewhat drastic. 

I watched the replay in slow motion several times.  It was his left knee and it doesn't look like it was at an awkward angle when the injury occurred.  Although to be fair, it isn't entirely clear from the replay when he had the injury.  An injury like this as well as ACL tear often cause the fall.  People are often under the misimpression that the fall caused the tear but it's the other way around.

Sometimes there are muscle imbalances which contribute to these types of injuries and that is often found and corrected during the physical therapy protocols.  So professional athletes (and sometimes regular folks too) sometimes come back better.  The only worrisome factor is that you aren't just talking about an injury but 4-6 months of not throwing a ball at all, much less pitching at a professional level.  But that's the nature of most injuries.

They say 6-9 months of rehab so best case I guess probably late April or May.

So many variables that make it impossible to know...confidence in the leg, getting back into a rhythm like he was this year....hard to know....he may struggle to put it back together....or not.....

Edited by DMVol

what are we looing at BEST SCENARIO??  Return July 1 next year?

Best scenario?  He could be back for opening day.  That would be about 7 months from now.  I think a realistic goal would be the 2nd half of the season.

So many variables that make it impossible to know...confidence in the leg, getting back into a rhythm like he was this year....hard to know....he may struggle to put it back together....or not.....

He's going to have surgery next week.  A lot of this depends on what the surgeon sees and what the prognosis is immediately after surgery.  After that, the tendon will need to heal which is something that can't be rushed.  The physical therapy will help him get confidence in the leg.  My guess is that assuming the surgery is successful, that he'll be cleared to start throwing lightly at about 6 months with full return somewhere around May.