• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout for leadoff

santini1

With mike trout STILL struggling , there's minor changes we can make. Yes hes gunna eventually come out of it, but how about switching kole and trout in the order for a couple of games. Kole has said himself that being at the top of the lineup has helped his mentality because he HAS to get on base. I feel like trout is wanting to take the role of a 3 whole power guy and right now he has to stay short, simple and try to get on base to get back on a groove. thoughts?

You've posted this before. It still doesn't change the fact Trout has been in a nose dive for quite a while. He needs to pull out of it soon because currently his plate appearances have been killing the Angels offense.

I actually haven't posted this before and I like the lineup as it is. I'm not wanting trout to say as the leadoff, just a minor change that could get him to focus on just getting on base. Edited by santini1

Guys, im all for not fixing something if it isn't broke, but i'd say Garret Richards injury was pretty hurtful to the team and though that makes it a pitching problem, we need our offense now more than ever.Besides, I say this as a temporary change just for trout to focus but something has to be done. the fact that we are first in mlb is irrelevant when your ace pitcher goes out.

I actually haven't posted this before and I like the lineup as it is. I'm not wanting trout to say as the leadoff, just a minor change that could get him to focus on just getting on base.

I was responding to Fansince79 about him repeating the DiMaggio slump anecdote. Trout is no DiMaggio, he has struck more times in August than DiMaggio did in all of the 1941 season. In fact Trout struck out more times in July than all but 4 of DiMaggio's entire seasons.

Am I concerned Trout won't bounce back like DiMaggio did? He 'aint no DiMaggio no matter what fangraphs says.

I like the idea of moving him back to leadoff. That 2nd he can focus on just getting on base and stealing bases instead of swinging for an HR every time.

I will agree that his strikeouts are a by product of him swinging for the fences.

But I hesitate to make any changes when the team is winning.

I was responding to Fansince79 about him repeating the DiMaggio slump anecdote. Trout is no DiMaggio, he has struck more times in August than DiMaggio did in all of the 1941 season. In fact Trout struck out more times in July than all but 4 of DiMaggio's entire seasons.

Am I concerned Trout won't bounce back like DiMaggio did? He 'aint no DiMaggio no matter what fangraphs says.

oh, ok my fault

oh, ok my fault

I should have hit the quote so it was easy to see who I was responding to. Trout back to leadoff may mess up Calhoun a little this late into the season but it may be worth a try. Scioscia never seems quick in moving around players roles but something has to change.