• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why bunt there?

Meh don't really mind bunting him over there. I think it is just early in the season, and it's been a long time since people have complained about managerial moves. Lots of build up. I think MS did a fine job this series, all three games were extremely close and when than happens, you usually either go 2-1 or 1-2. Oh well, on to Texas.

I love the notion that a guy who stole 40 bases last year at a 91% clip wouldn't be able to steal off a guy whom runners stole five of six last year.

I mean, sure Trout's fat and all this year, but come he could do it.

I agree. I think it's a terrible call. 

Trout stole 49 bases last year after missing nearly a month of the 2012 season and his % was among best in the league.

Now, even the Reds announcers were commenting on how Chapman had a slow delivery to homeplate and that he can be stolen on quite easily. 

Yet, Scioscia wastes an out. If Aybar hits a ground ball to the right side after a possible stolen base, Trout is on 3rd base. Pujols line drive to RF, with Trout on 3B to tag. I like my chances. 

BTW, the guys on the MLB Network are agreeing too. They cannot believe Scioscia bunted Aybar over, or Aybar decided to bunt either way. 

YOU HAVE TO SEND TROUT THERE. Stop wasting outs with Trout on base. 

Thanks.

I agree. I think it's a terrible call. 

Trout stole 49 bases last year after missing nearly a month of the 2012 season and his % was among best in the league.

Now, even the Reds announcers were commenting on how Chapman had a slow delivery to homeplate and that he can be stolen on quite easily. 

Yet, Scioscia wastes an out. If Aybar hits a ground ball to the right side after a possible stolen base, Trout is on 3rd base. Pujols line drive to RF, with Trout on 3B to tag. I like my chances. 

BTW, the guys on the MLB Network are agreeing too. They cannot believe Scioscia bunted Aybar over, or Aybar decided to bunt either way. 

YOU HAVE TO SEND TROUT THERE. Stop wasting outs with Trout on base. 

Thanks.

This! While it wasn't a horrible call, it was the wrong one IMO. Wasting an out with our best baserunner is not the right decision.

The 66ers won their home opener tonight in 12 innings. In the bottom of the 12th the leadoff hitter gets a clean single, the next batter bunted him over to second. He took third on a passed ball. After a walk the next batter hit one up the middle for the game winning hit.

Some of you guys should tell the coach how wrong he was to waste that out on a bunt.

Aybar's bunt was a bad decision by the manager. Why you give the toughest 1 inning pitcher in baseball a free out is beyond me. It wasn't like Jeff Mathis was at the plate...

Aroldis Chapman has this annoying habit of making most hitters look Mathist at the plate. It's not like Pujols & Hamilton have been knocking the cover off the ball in this series.

I'm OK with the bunt there. You're playing for one run against a pitcher who is lights out 95% of the time. You can't just assume that you're going to string hits together against the likes of Chapman.

Holy shit! I've defended Scioscia's decisions two game in a row!

The 66ers won their home opener tonight in 12 innings. In the bottom of the 12th the leadoff hitter gets a clean single, the next batter bunted him over to second. He took third on a passed ball. After a walk the next batter hit one up the middle for the game winning hit.

Some of you guys should tell the coach how wrong he was to waste that out on a bunt.

The 66ers were at home and were not facing Aroldis Chapman.  Giving up an out against a guy that holds opponents to a .141 AVG is somewhat different.  

Passed balls can happen with a runner on first, too.  More likely, a wild pitch.... and Chapman throws a few.   

Some of you guys like to generate discussion.  Carry on.