• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia Calls Out Hamilton?

nando714

Or moving him down the order, which would be the more sensible thing to do.

Sometimes you just need to be blunt and bench someone that's not performing. I would have no problem watching Hamilton hit 4th for the Sacramento Bees for a couple of weeks. He needs to clear his head for a while and moving him down the order won't do that. He needs to get away.

What's Hamilton's WAR been since he joined us? I think a couple of wins (at the very most) isn't a fair enough trade off for 23+ million dollars.

Hamilton is 

.265 / .328 / .460 w/ 40 HR -- 3.2 WAR in as an Angel 

not much better than:

.291 / .324 / .458 w/ 32 HR -- 2.4 WAR in 248 games.

The mystery player I just listed would have been a viable alternative for Josh with less than half the AAV for only 2 years.

Edited by ScottLux

Get him out of the cleanup spot. Even Stevie Wonder can see this is needed.

And no, let's not move Aybar into the cleanup spot. Maybe something like Calhoun, Aybar, Trout, Pujols, Freese, Hamilton etc.

And I like it when Sosh is called The Big Catorce.

Has there ever been a de-escalation clause in a contract if someone falls below (and how much below) career averages?

There certainly are incentives.

Union may bar such.

And it would inhibit signing FA's unless there was conformity.

Even incentive s are highly limited. Trying to avoid situations where teams can save money by benching players in order to prevent them from hitting a performance milestone. Pretty much just vesting option s based on playing time.