• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia removing Richards tonight ??

ghoetke

Well, I disagree with a lot of the posters on here and think Richards not only wanted to stay in the game, but it was his game to stay in through the 8th until the Rangers at least showed they were capable of scoring another run off him.

However, I will say if Skip was gonna pull him so reactionly, he shouldn't have put him out there in the 8th to begin with.

He was ONE pitch away from a double play to end the inning. Stop the babyin' pitch count BS, he may need to do it in the playoffs so it's best he gets used to it. If we lost this game on a Beltre homer, or they god forbid tied the game on a bloop single, I don't think you guys would be having the same tone.

I understand what you guys mean by the right move, but if you're gonna put him out there atleast give him a shot to get it done. Pulling him after a base hit was dumb. And we all know our relievers work best starting an inning instead of coming into inherited runners.

Well, I disagree with a lot of the posters on here and think Richards not only wanted to stay in the game, but it was his game to stay in through the 8th until the Rangers at least showed they were capable of scoring another run off him.

However, I will say if Skip was gonna pull him so reactionly, he shouldn't have put him out there in the 8th to begin with.

He was ONE pitch away from a double play to end the inning. Stop the babyin' pitch count BS, he may need to do it in the playoffs so it's best he gets used to it. If we lost this game on a Beltre homer, or they god forbid tied the game on a bloop single, I don't think you guys would be having the same tone.

I understand what you guys mean by the right move, but if you're gonna put him out there atleast give him a shot to get it done. Pulling him after a base hit was dumb. And we all know our relievers work best starting an inning instead of coming into inherited runners.

I agree with this. If you are worried about the innings then take him out after 7. Obviously Scioscia wasn't since he let him go back out in the 8th so if that's the case, why take him out after 1 base hit?