• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia removing Richards tonight ??

ghoetke

Richards had Texas tied up in knots and it didn't appear he was tiring at all. The look he gave Scioscia when he was taken out was one of disbelief more than disappointment. Then nothing but fast balls Jepsen comes in almost blows it. TG we got Street !! He's as cool a dude as there is.

They need to be smart with him as he's their clear cut #1 starter and is already throwing more innings than he ever has. With the bullpen that the Halos have, it makes sense to play it smart with him, so I was completely OK with the move. His pitch count was at 106

That inning was just a lot of bad luck. Choo gets that slow chopper through both Pujols and Kendrick's gloves for a single, then Andrus follows with a swinging bunt single, followed by a jam shot single that would have been a routine out to the SS but the Halos had the shift on. Beltre's RBI single up the middle was the only real hard hit ball in that inning that was a hit all the way

There's a pretty clear trend this year where relievers given a single inning start to finish get the job done. With only 5 viable starters I see no reason for one of these 5 to see the field in the 8th again this regular season.

Edited by arch stanton

Jepsen should never enter any ball game that is in inning 8 - 9 or beyond.

Smith should have started 8th...plain and simple...but a 4 run cushion allowed Scioscia to make the move he did.

I have as much confidence in Kevin Jepsen shutting the door as I do Josh Hamilton aka Andruw Jones getting a clutch RBI...

Smith should have started 8th...plain and simple...but a 4 run cushion allowed Scioscia to make the move he did.

I have as much confidence in Kevin Jepsen shutting the door as I do Josh Hamilton aka Andruw Jones getting a clutch RBI...

I had no idea you hadn't watched any games this year, that sucks.

Dude, Jepsen has been nails in the 7th this season; it has been by far his best season as a major leaguer. He had a bad night but his track record thus far in 2014 says that bringing him in in the seventh last night was not only a smart move but the right move.

Baseball is a funny game. One hard hit ball in that inning by beltre. In fact that was only ball beltre hit hard all night and yet it was good for his fourth hit. Baseball is indeed a funny game. Josh is due to have a decent game. And we got the win last night with nothing out of trout, Albert or Josh. They will perform I next few games and we will be fine. If our offense gets back to where it was at the break Oakland will be looking way up at us. And jepsen is a huge part of where we are right now.