• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The A's since the Cespedes trade.

SoCALkid

Pitching is what carries you in the playoffs. Beane made a move that makes damn near impossible to beat in a playoff series.

Like when they had Mulder, Zito and Hudson?  Or when the Phillies had Hamels, Lee and Halladay?

Pitching is what carries you in the playoffs. Beane made a move that makes damn near impossible to beat in a playoff series. He did this because he felt their spot in the playoffs was a virtual certainty., which it sort of is.

Will it hurt them in the regular season? Yes. Will it hurt them next season. Likely. But just like we said with Pujols, if they win the World Series, it's worth it.

Nicely stated and I agree but if the A's had been 10 games ahead would he have done it?

A's fans likely rue 2002 the most.

They had the Twins at home in ALDS game 5, and only trailed 2-1 going to the 9th and Mark Ellis hits a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 9th.

Only one problem:  Billy Koch choked away 3 runs in the top of the 9th to cancel out Ellis' HR in the bottom half and bringing them up a run short at the end.  

Billy Koch:  Exhibit A of what happens when you throw 100mph but straight as an arrow.   Frieri nods head in approval (granted 4-5mph slower). 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Pitching is what carries you in the playoffs. *****Beane made a move that makes damn near impossible to beat in a playoff series.***** He did this because he felt their spot in the playoffs was a virtual certainty., which it sort of is.

Will it hurt them in the regular season? Yes. Will it hurt them next season. Likely. But just like we said with Pujols, if they win the World Series, it's worth it.

can't bold the font on my phone but ...lol

Also, I don't see how trading away a .256 AVG would cause your team BA to fall from .253 to .229.

possible. The guy is an all around threat and although he isn't a great hitter he made enough of an impact to make the hitters around him better than they actually are.

Without any other considerations on 'outside' issues, the Lester deal was a short term trade for the A's to finally have a team that's a real playoff threat from a pitching rotation stand point.

They get Lester for a two month rental and shed Cespedes salary for 2015.

I still DO NOT LIKE the DEAL.......I think Cespedes is a good ballplayer and, perhaps more importantly to the A's, was really the guy who got their offense going. He had a pretty good arm in the OF as well as the Angels have seen first hand in playing the A's and now Boston.........

If the A's win the world championship, Beane and the A's may consider the trade well worth it.........if that's the calculation, so be it.

High risk, high reward, high cost..........if it fails, significant disappointment.

Pitching generally wins short series....the big playoff picture for the Angels looks pretty grim to me...Angels 1-3 simply doesn't compare to A's, Tigers 1-3.

If Angels don't  win the division, Richards probably goes in the one game playoff and if they win that  one......The best shot for the Angels to go all the way, and this is obvious, is they must win the division and the offense needs to go on a tear (Trout, Hamilton particularly)

The A's traded for 3 SP's(2"aces")to bolster their rotation.

They have made a combined 18 starts thus far and are 10-8 in those games.

Lester and Samardizja have pitched well for them.

Their offense is the issue for them right now. Moss and Norris have regressed the last month and a half. Crisp has also been struggling recently. Losing Cespedes definitely hurts their power.

Pitching generally wins short series....the big playoff picture for the Angels looks pretty grim to me...Angels 1-3 simply doesn't compare to A's, Tigers 1-3.

If Angels don't win the division, Richards probably goes in the one game playoff and if they win that one......The best shot for the Angels to go all the way, and this is obvious, is they must win the division and the offense needs to go on a tear (Trout, Hamilton particularly)

I torally agree the angels front 3 doesnt compare with the big 3, dogs/detroit/oakland (in no particulsr order).

Thats said, its not like any of those 3 are without flaw. Oakland is the most complete team this year, and you see them playing in a funk right now too. If anything, weve had it far worse than them the last few weeks....the pitchers shutting them down arent mostly playoff types.

Detroit still has pen issues. Dodgers have a pretty mediocre pen, and I still think their offense is overrated.

To put it in perspective, the cards best the dodgers last october. The cards were a very complete team last year so IMO the better team won. But I would have easily bet the cards pitching to equalize bostons offense. Didnt happen.

Our current build isnt ideal. But it worked for boston last year, and us in 02. And both teams had to race other teams with a lot better pitching both years.

Yep. And thats not taking anything away from KC. Its just that I wouldnt put them at the top of the power rankings, and theyve given oakland some headaches

I just hope we wake up before they do....thats the real race....I hate to say it, but a one week head start for either team literally starting right now could make or break the season