• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So whats the best team in the league?

Play well going into the playoffs. If we get hot at the end of September like we were at the beginning of July then we could easily be the best team in baseball.

That could apply to any team that makes the playoffs. The Wild Card is a crapshoot. Do you start Richards with no playoff experience or Weaver that has been shaky? We could easily be one and done just as much as the other team.

A's are the best team with the best balance and their role players always seem to step up when needed.

In the NL, I think the Nats are the best team, in that they're still in first with Ryan Zimmerman (and Harper) having been on the shelf for much of the year, and the guy who is supposed to be their ace (Strasburg) hasn't pitched like one (though has the peripherals of one). If Ryan Z comes back and Strasburg regresses toward his periph stats, I doubt there is anyone who wants to face them in the playoffs (except the Braves, who have their number for some reason).

Edited by Mark68

Dodgers have the best pitching and that will be tough to beat...I just don't like the character of their team to go all the way.  Too many individuals.

I agree, but Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu might negate all that. Also, with a guy like Puig on your roster, you never know.  I could see him going 0 for the playoffs, or catching fire and carrying the offense.  The Doyers look the most set up for postseason success IMO.

Best team in MLB right now??

AL - RIGHT NOW - it's the KC Royals -- they are on a real run. Baltimore is playing well, too but it now looks like Manny Machaco is going on the DL.  A's/ Royals series this week will be very telling. Royals won game one of the series -- if Royals can win the four game series -- well, Detroit, notice is served.

NL -- hate to say it, but the Dogs don't seem to have much competition over there......St. Louis with Yadier out went out and got some starting pitching (Masterson and Lackey) but the new guys have not done well. Milwaukee??  Just seem to inconsistent.....over in the NL East.....can Washington go all the way, really?

The AL playoffs will be a dog-fight.........A's a very good team with a pretty good playoff rotation.........Angels can be very good (offense), can get a decent start (Richards/ Weaver) have a fairly good pen now but will likely be playing a one game playoff and Halos have not had a good history with those........Royals could be tough come playoff time, young rotation but stellar pen with a lot of depth; Tigers have played too well all season to collapse now; not sure how the AL East fits in here - teams there have spent a lot of time trying not to win........Actually some of the AL Central teams (even Cleveland) been playing pretty well and/or have tough line ups.

Angels offered but less years than KC offered I believe. Also he wasn't given a QO.

Not giving him a QO was a mistake. It would have been an overpay but only for one year. Injuries are inevitable and I'd rather have Vargas pitching than guys like Randy Wolf or Wade LeBlanc.

I think you guys are givinf the dogs too much credit. Yes, they took it to us. Just about everyone has over the last 2 weeks. They caught us in a horrible offensive funk. To sy their pitching is better....yes, kershaw and grienke are filthy. Seattle has actually been better...

Keep in mind the cubs did the same to the dogs the series just before us, and the brewers the series after. Dont put too much stock into a short series. Theyre a very good team but not without its own flaws.

The best team is still Oakland. They should be running away right now because weve scuffled. They arent because they too are scuffling....the point being even the great ones slump (see trout).

If the dogs had to race with oakland and us with the giants it would feel different.....and as bad as houston and texas are, the bottom 3 of the NL west is putrid. I checked last week while arguing with my dog buddies...the west is the only division the dogs have a winning record against.....thanks dbacks/pads/rox.

Don't mean to be too much a homer, but I'd say the team with the most wins in 162 games can be called the best team in baseball. And I think the Angels have a good chance of being that team. Just assume they split the rest of the games with the A's and Mariners, and play well against the rest and it could very well happen.

The Dodgers are 14-11 against the NL East. They are also 11-9 in interleague play, though that's obviously not a division.

fair enough. I chexked the stats last week so its adjusted.

That said, 6 of those wins are against atlanta in the last two weeks....I know within the last 2, atlanta dropped 8 straight at one point.

Fwiw, per strength of schedule, dogs have been at the bottom all year