• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

what are you reading lately?

If there is a that already please delete.

Currently on "the guns of August" because the 100 year anniversary of ww1 has me curious about learning more. The book's about the first month of the war. A shit ton of politicking. I honestly had no idea all the royalty back then in Europe were cousins. Victoria got at it.

If there is a that already please delete.

Currently on "the guns of August" because the 100 year anniversary of ww1 has me curious about learning more. The book's about the first month of the war. A shit ton of politicking. I honestly had no idea all the royalty back then in Europe were cousins. Victoria got at it.

If you're interested in WW1 it's somewhat one of my specialties. I have read a ton of great books on the before, during, and post war/Weimar Republic. Let me know if you want some suggestions.

Edited by TobiasFunke

I read Unbroken, it was awesome.  I finally read Cryptonomicon which was an excellent book.

I also read Stephen Hawking's most recent book The Grand Design which was great like all of his writings.

I also read The Believing Brain by Michael Shermer.

Currently reading A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century which is about medieval Europe.

I'm in the middle of the Len Deighton Bernard Sampson series. Cold War spy series set in Berlin starting in the 70's. Some great books in the series.

Fantastic books.

I've only read the third one, London Match, but it was so good it got me to follow up with his books. I am not much of a reader, but have started a couple of his other books, Ipcress File and another that escapes me.

But that Game, Set, Match series is great. It's going to be interesting working my way backwards.

Interesting note, in Quentin Taratinos Jackie Brown, the Robert Forrester character is reading one of the books. When asked about it Quentin said he has always wanted to make a movie out of the serious which excites me if anyone would.

Very well written and sophisticated spy series.

I read Unbroken, it was awesome.  I finally read Cryptonomicon which was an excellent book.

I also read Stephen Hawking's most recent book The Grand Design which was great like all of his writings.

I also read The Believing Brain by Michael Shermer.

Currently reading A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century which is about medieval Europe.

First time I read Cryptonomicon I was really disappointed with the ending, it seemed like it just kind of stopped and didn't close any of the loops. I was pretty bummed, and always felt like it was missing something. When the paper back came out I browsed through it and realized...the hardbook version I had was missing the last chapter.

Lot better book with all the chapters.

Fantastic books.

I've only read the third one, London Match, but it was so good it got me to follow up with his books. I am not much of a reader, but have started a couple of his other books, Ipcress File and another that escapes me.

But that Game, Set, Match series is great. It's going to be interesting working my way backwards.

Interesting note, in Quentin Taratinos Jackie Brown, the Robert Forrester character is reading one of the books. When asked about it Quentin said he has always wanted to make a movie out of the serious which excites me if anyone would.

Very well written and sophisticated spy series.

I think BBC did a series or mini series based on Berlin Game. I think it would translate well to a 3 season arc series. FX, make it happen.

I just finished the second trilogy and am starting the third trilogy.

First time I read Cryptonomicon I was really disappointed with the ending, it seemed like it just kind of stopped and didn't close any of the loops. I was pretty bummed, and always felt like it was missing something. When the paper back came out I browsed through it and realized...the hardbook version I had was missing the last chapter.

Lot better book with all the chapters.

I read the first couple hundred pages of that book so many times, it was my go to book every time I traveled but because it is so long I never finished it.  Finally just read it at home.  It was very good, I loved it.

I think BBC did a series or mini series based on Berlin Game. I think it would translate well to a 3 season arc series. FX, make it happen.

I just finished the second trilogy and am starting the third trilogy.

You're right. I read the BBC series was pretty bad.

On a side note, the Sampson series made me move the name Fiona towards the top of female kids names.