• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robin Williams has died

Williams suffered from bipolar disorder. Some of his best material, ironically, was the product of his tangential thinking when he was in the manic phase. Problems with drugs and alcohol, which Williams also struggled with, are common with bipolars. With those incredible manic highs also come incredible lows, which can sometimes go on for days.

Bipolar disorder is one of the most treatable psychiatric conditions, but the flip side is that patients frequently become non-compliant with treatment because they miss the energy that comes with their manic highs. Others start to feel better and just stop taking their medication, not stopping to think that it is the medication that is making them feel better. A bipolar patient once told me, "It's like taking amphetamines, only I don't have to take anything." A bipolar doctor told me that it was great during her residency, because she could sleep for an hour and be ready to go again.

If left untreated for too long it takes a heavy toll both mentally and physically. I am guessing that this is what happened to Robin Williams.

RIP Mork.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I got to meet him once. They were filming One Hour Photo at the offices I worked at.  He was such a cool guy to all of us.  Took photos with us.  Ask about who we were and what we did there.  It was 1999/2000 and we were a start up DSL company.  He didn't really get it and it was funny the way he just riffed off the cuff about it.

Tragic loss. 

A real loss.  

He was a cartoon character come to life.  It's not that he was ever so very funny but that his sole purpose was to try and make you laugh.  Clearly at the sacrifice of his own well being.  

I always felt like he was at his best in more dramatic roles or when he steered away from the insane goofiness.  He was a talented and memorable actor and will be missed.  

RIP

He's gone way too soon..  He was one of the few celebrities that wasn't featured on tmz nightly.  The stories of his generosity will continue to come-out for quite a while, I believe.  He elevated every project he was involved with, using his amazing energy.  

I read a blurb from Minnie Driver about how amazed she was when she was on a shoot with him.  They were in a park, and were breaking for lunch.  Instead of taking a break, Robin took the opportunity to provide some impromptu stand-up that drew around 200 people.

Unfortunately, it appears that his high energy was his downfall.  He seemed to have one speed; full-ahead, and depression weighed on him when he wasn't entertaining.

I'll certainly appreciate his talents even more, going back to re-watch his work.

You have to be seriously f'ed up in the head to hang yourself.

that's such a difficult way to die.

alledgedly found him in a chair partially in a closet doorway, if i heard correctly. the news made it sound like he was still seated but the chair was elevated off the ground. can't really picture something like that.

his personal assistant found him. said his body was cold and he was already going into rigor mortis, so it looks like he did this several hours before being found.

as someone else said, he spent so much time making others happy but could never find happiness for himself. tragic.

“Mr. Williams' personal assistant was able to gain access to Mr. Williams' bedroom and entered the bedroom to find Mr. Williams clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the [belt] wedged between the… closet door and the door frame," he said. "His right shoulder area was touching the door with his body perpendicular to the door and slightly suspended.”

There were also several cuts on his left wrist and a pocket knife with a dried red substance was found in the vicinity, he stated.

This is just absolutely devastating.

His work was such a huge part of my life like so many others, and I had the opportunity to meet him a couple years back through a mutual friend. He was just an amazing person to get to the chance to meet in addition to all his talent, and that brief interaction with him is going to stick with me for a long, long time.

RIP Robin.

Edited by jshep