• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robin Williams has died

He was a celebrity that everyone liked, that is tough to find. He made me laugh and he was also a very good actor. I am a big fan of Good Will Hunting. So shitty that so many comedians have that dark side. My favorite stand up guy was Richard Jeni, who also killed himself. Crazy to think that Steven Wright that always comes off super depressed is apparently not.

You just named 3 of my favorite comedians.

They're saying suicide?  Now that's really surprising.

I'm surprised he's dead and knew nothing of his depression but I'm not really surprised when hearing a famous entertainer OD'd or committed suicide.  Before anyone takes that the wrong way I think about it like the Belushi and Farley's of the world who felt like they always had to entertain people and they had problems dealing with that fact.  I have zero idea if that has anything to do with his depression and am not saying it does at all but I can see how that type of life could be very hard off camera.  My condolences to his family.    

My neighbor worked with Robin on a couple films, helping to train him and kind of watch over him and keep him in line. How did Robin show his gratitude? Well not only did my neighbor get paid for his work, but Robin also insisted on paying for my neighbors' sons to go to private school. And by that I mean he paid full tuition (Friends Christian in yorba Linda - not cheap), for two kids, each and every year. That's just the kind of guy he apparently was.

You just named 3 of my favorite comedians.

I think Jeni and Wright are my top two. Williams is more of a personality that was funny to me, he had the ability to improv at an incredibly high level, which is actually more of a talent than writing funny stuff, at least in my opinion.

My neighbor worked with Robin on a couple films, helping to train him and kind of watch over him and keep him in line. How did Robin show his gratitude? Well not only did my neighbor get paid for his work, but Robin also insisted on paying for my neighbors' sons to go to private school. And by that I mean he paid full tuition (Friends Christian in yorba Linda - not cheap), for two kids, each and every year. That's just the kind of guy he apparently was.

I love to hear that stuff, it's awesome to hear that a guy you perceive as a great guy when you see him on camera, actually is a great guy in real life. This passing is a tough one for me.

evidently it lasted 5 hours because Williams would just go on crazy tangents, and they whittled it down to an hour for tv.  the way lipton deals with him is hilarious.  

he was once asked if he wrote out his material or came up with an outline before he went on stage. he said no, he just went with whatever was on his mind, sometimes even making stuff up as he went along.

one spur of the moment joke/comment i heard him make in concert was when some hot looking chick got up during his set. it was apparently cold where she was, and he said to all of us "whoa, your nipples are as hard as chinese algebra!"

a most unique skill set that could go on these crazy long rants without much preparation, and be incredibly entertaining in the process. he was like a more frenetic version of jonathan winters.

Paul Walkers tragic death still shakes me up to this day. Was the most shocking celebrity news in my short lifetime.

It was different for me because I met him a couple times and he was such a nice and cool dude.  Went out of his way to be nice to me and the people I worked with.

Christopher Reeve had a great story of Robin Williams:

"Reeve went through inner anguish in the ICU, particularly when he was alone during the night. His approaching operation to reattach his skull to his spine (June 1995) "was frightening to contemplate. ... I already knew that I had only a fifty-fifty chance of surviving the surgery. ... Then, at an especially bleak moment, the door flew open and in hurried a squat fellow with a blue scrub hat and a yellow surgical gown and glasses, speaking in a Russian accent." The man announced that he was a proctologist and was going to perform a rectal exam on Reeve. It wasRobin Williams, reprising his character from the film Nine Months. Reeve wrote: "For the first time since the accident, I laughed. My old friend had helped me know that somehow I was going to be okay."

Celebrity deaths don't surprise me anymore.  Drug, alcohol, and mental health problems in that industry seem to be far more prevalent than anyone realizes.

That isn't to say I don't care about people suffering from these afflictions because I do.  The really sad part is how Hollywood types are too self-absorbed (or suffering themselves) to look out for each other more often.