• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DirecTv

Adam

Didn't AT&T acquire DirecTv?

It has been characterized as a merger rather than an acquisition. Whether that is just semantics I have no idea. DirecTV is telling customers that they will continue to exist as a stand-alone enterprise, but that once the merger is complete members will be able to bundle DirecTV and AT&T services, such as broadband internet.

It has been characterized as a merger rather than an acquisition. Whether that is just semantics I have no idea. DirecTV is telling customers that they will continue to exist as a stand-alone enterprise, but that once the merger is complete members will be able to bundle DirecTV and AT&T services, such as broadband internet.

They've already got bundle packages. That is what we signed up for. Luckily the ATT internet has been great so far

Hopefully DirectTV's customer service will improve with the merger. I remember my wife getting yelled at when she called when her stepfather passed away. They also billed a early disconnect fee because he broke his contract by dying. Then they charged part of the disconnect fee to his credit card (they kept trying to authorize until they got to the available credit). It took forever to straighten all of it up.

Personally I would never get their service.

Last Tuesday a couple of the executives at where I work complained the show audio was out of sync for the last 3 acts. Not just a little soft but 50's overdubbed Godzilla movie out of sync. I checked our delivery master and it was fine. ABC claims their master file was never flagged in QC for sync issues. Turns out it was only the Direct TV feed. I don't know if it was a West Coast or national feed issue but it has caused some pretty heated phone calls.

Make a custom channel guide ASAP. Hit the menu button the remote, then go down to Settings & Help, then over to Favorite Channels. Then go down to select a list to customize and hit 'edit list'. If you want the channel to show up on your custom list, check the box next to the channel. Any channel you will never watch, uncheck it. Takes a few minutes to do when you first set it up, but after it's done you can bring up the guide and you can flip through the guide skipping hundreds of channels you don't have/won't ever watch. I have an older DVR box and can have 2 custom channel set ups..so you can have one set of channels and the wife can have a different set of channels. You can change back and forth between your custom lists on the 'Favorites' tab when you bring up the guide. Use the 'all channels' guide to page through to see all channels that are listed and to see if you actually can watch them before you add them to your custom list.

I will have Directv until the NFL puts all their games online ala MLB.tv.  Because you can only get the complete games (both on TV & online) via Directv, they have my business.  

And, I'm actually very happy with the service. 

Eh. When I moved to my new place I was excited to get the new Directv Genie, I had older equipment at my old house.  It's pretty cool but the best thing for me is that a lot of the channels are using Video On Demand now and that's perfect for me because I watch tv and very odd hours so it's cool to browse through movies that each channel has. Not a big fan of the bill though.