• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DirecTv

Adam

The on demand is excellent, especially if you have HBO, they have every episode of every show they have made on demand.  If you have the genie you can do picture in picture.

The rest is just the video quality compared to cable is much better IMO and the channel selection is very good.

Yeah dude. The PIP is pretty slick. I haven't had a chance to dick with everything yet, but that feature was cool. The Golf stuff is pretty awesome. They had like 6 different feeds for the tournament. 

Internet is getting installed today. ATT. I'm a bit concerned about that. Cox's internet was great. It just got to be too much. $180 and no movie channels. 

We're paying the cancellation fee with cox. $240 to save $1560 for the next 24 months

My mom worked for ATT for 30 years so she's got it. She says hers is fine, but I don't think she has perspective. We'll see

Edited by Adam

Loved uverse for years, but last 9 months have be terrible.  Mainly internet issues, and I have the highest package.  Can't get more than a $20 credit, 5 tech visits, including one where the dude never even showed up..  Good luck to you.

I have uverse internet.  It all depends on how close you are to the CO.  They have limits on how far you can be while still guaranteeing a speed.  The problem is when you are on the outer limits it can be inconsistent.  Also depends on how old the phone lines are inside your house and leading up to your house.  Old copper can be a pretty big issue.

The golf channels are awesome.  They do it for all the majors and have started doing it for some of the other tournaments.  They did it for the WGC last week too.  I love it.  Especially the featured group coverage.

Best part about the on demand is it is all free except for the premium movies which are the same as the PPV movies that are available right now.

We use the on demand a ton.

Edited by nate

Did you get to talk to a sales rep that told you you can't just have your local channels or that a south/southwest view wasn't necessary for install? 

HAHA!

I was joking with the installer about that. He said it's gotten a lot better but once in a while he'll get a work order from a mobile home or apartment building and his customer will tell him that the sales rep promised he'd have a tripod for him for free and movies and locals were included at no charge. 

Yep, the 5 shows thing is pretty big for me.  Seems like Sunday at around 8 and Monday around 8 I always was ending up with 2+ shows needing to record.  With the new DVR it is no big deal.

I also got one of the wireless boxes for the other room which is nice since I can move it if I needed to.

HAHA!

I was joking with the installer about that. He said it's gotten a lot better but once in a while he'll get a work order from a mobile home or apartment building and his customer will tell him that the sales rep promised he'd have a tripod for him for free and movies and locals were included at no charge. 

Dude, remember many years back when you hit up your buddy that still sold DTV and we wanted to go in on a weekend for a day to sell, make a competition out of it, and donate any commissions to charity?

I would have loved to see if I could just walk in and crush the sales staff.

Wind is never an issue.  Snow can be, mine is on the ground though so it is easy to clean.  Also, believe it or not, spray it with some pam before the first snow of the season and it usually wont stick to the dish.

Only thing that ever knocks out our satellite is when we get severe Thunderstorms.  Usually it is just a couple minutes but we did have one that knocked it out for about 20 minutes.

Anyway obviously Adam wont have that issue.

Edited by nate

Wind is never an issue.  Snow can be, mine is on the ground though so it is easy to clean.  Also, believe it or not, spray it with some pam before the first snow of the season and it usually wont stick to the dish.

Only thing that ever knocks out our satellite is when we get severe Thunderstorms.  Usually it is just a couple minutes but we did have one that knocked it out for about 20 minutes.

Weather normally isn't an issue in my location, so DirecTV is perfect. I tried Cox (who I still have internet service with) because they offered me a bundle, and at the time DTV wasn't carrying our local channels. I immediately hated it. The box went back to Cox within less than a week, and I have never looked back. The picture quality isn't even close, and Cox is always raising rates. Got very tired of that.

We did have one storm that was heavy enough to knock out the signal for 10-15 minutes, but that has been it in 15 years. Have also had good luck with customer service on the rare occasions when I've needed it.

I like DirectTV, especially in not having SportsNetLA (ha! Raviner fans).

Only down side is no PAC-12 Network yet, but it does have TWC channel (Lakers).

Plus RAW and SD are live on it, instead of being shown delayed at 8pm like on cable tv out here.

In 3+ years, I rarely have had to reboot the satellite. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Dude, remember many years back when you hit up your buddy that still sold DTV and we wanted to go in on a weekend for a day to sell, make a competition out of it, and donate any commissions to charity?

I would have loved to see if I could just walk in and crush the sales staff.

Yeah too bad they diversified their services and it wasn't a one product deal anymore. Kinda funny, I've got a couple contractors as clients now. The techs do installs for Dish and Direct.