• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

List of Woes

Are you looking forward to Pujols for 7 and Hamilton for 3 more years?

I'm not...especially the remainder of Hamilton's contract and most likely the last 5 of Pujols'.

What I'm looking forward to even less is the repetitiveness of these posts on here. I'll ask Chuck just to put a count down clock for each contract that way EVERYBODY knows how much longer we are obligated to them. It's like your wife telling you everyday how ugly you are. You know your ugly but she still tells you. And on top of that she has her friends and family remind you every chance they can how ugly you are. Don't worry they will stop telling you in seven years, ugly.

I have said more Angels suck in the last two weeks then I have said all year. It is a bad patch of games and I know they will get back on track.

On the bright side the "Woe" list has gotten smaller.

No Trumbwoe

No Blantonwoe

No Hansonwoe

No Frieriwoe

No Hesterwoe

No Bourjoswoe

What I'm looking forward to even less is the repetitiveness of these posts on here. I'll ask Chuck just to put a count down clock for each contract that way EVERYBODY knows how much longer we are obligated to them. It's like your wife telling you everyday how ugly you are. You know your ugly but she still tells you. And on top of that she has her friends and family remind you every chance they can how ugly you are. Don't worry they will stop telling you in seven years, ugly.

Maybe.

But it won't cost me nearly as much to divorce my wife as it would for Arte to divorce these two contracts (if it would even be possible).

I haven't liked the Hamilton deal from the get-go, but I thought maybe we'd get a couple of decent years from him. He hasn't looked decent since about two weeks after coming off the DL.

I knew the last part of the Pujols contract (about the last 3-4 years) was probably going to make the aggregate look bad, but I was OK with it because I figured the first 3 or 4 years would be excellent. I wasn't expecting the middle part of my expectation to have set in already.

The offensive woes are magnified because nobody on the team has been immune, and because we're no longer in small sample size territory. We have 23 games' worth of stats since the All-Star Break, and it's kind of alarming.

Is the offense this bad? No. But maybe it isn't as good as it was the first half, either. If they settle in to the median between the two, that should be enough, provided we don't lose any other starting pitchers to injury or ineffectiveness (which means Wilson needs to get his shit together, pronto), and the bullpen continues the excellent performance that it has provided since about the Frieri-Grilli trade (which was a steal for Dipoto...he needs to be given mad props for that), we should be fine.

As a fan, though, it's frustrating to no end that, in yesterday's game, for instance, the Angels stranded 7 runners in the first four innings...at least 4 of them in scoring position, only to have the only run score on one of a multitude of solo home runs that we've had since the Break. Night after night of getting runners into scoring position with 1 or fewer outs and coming up empty while the so-called "heart of the order" comes up, and we can all predict what will happen, because we've seen it enough: Trout K, Pujols grounder to the left side of the infield, and Hamilton K on balls that are barely in the same zip code as the plate.

/rant

How many HRs with men on base have been hit since the ASB?    Maybe barely being counted on one hand?

There have only been 13 hit overall in 23 games (on pace for 91 in 162 games).

What happened to the team power????

13 of the 15 HRs hit since the All-Star Break have been solo shots.

The other two were 2-run HRs.

15 home runs, 17 runs driven in by those 15 homers.

Yet, they're leaving tons of runners on base.

Since you claim Scioscia was an idiot for batting A bar 4th. Who would you have batted 4th?

But that is not how you come off. In fact it was one step away from: if you follow me on Twitter... You are interpreting anyone that isn't complaining with you is against you. That they are all or nothing, rah rah go team! You've set the bar instead of accepting there are no true nutswingers on the board but some pretty stiff lipped members that don't engage in the fire_______ threads because they are accepting of the long seasons slumps.

Meanwhile QuinlansMinion posts completely a reversal of what most of his thread topics are which makes you wonder if he is trolling this thread with positives or he was trolling all of the other threads?

Oh and Scioscia is a complete idiot for batting Aybar 4th yesterday and any game going forward. He finally sat Hamilton and replaced that bat with a player struggling just as badly at the plate. Irritating.

Edited by stormngt

My concerns for the stretch:

- Starting Pitching + starting pitching depth

- Division becoming out of reach, with Lester > Samardiza > Kazmir > Gray leading the A's, hard to see Angels pull through

- Wild Card game, Weaver vs. Scherzer/Shields/Hernandez

Things I'm not concerned with:

- Angels offense

- Bullpen

- Defense

Dipoto leans on Shoemaker and Santiago heavily to keep the Angels in the WC race. Emptied the farm system for relievers, will be a moot point if the Angels can win the WC game.

Since you claim Scioscia was an idiot for batting A bar 4th. Who would you have batted 4th?

David Freese. For the month of August he has been hitting .303 with a .749 OPS and the month of July .291 with an .860 OPS. He has been boringly average but since we don't have a power hitter to slot 4th then he at least provides something.

Aybar the last two months Aybar has put up a .546 and .455 OPS respectively. I would bat Aybar 9th at this point. He is a streak hitter and is cold as Siberia in the winter right now. He has no business being in an RBI or leadoff spot.

As funny as AJ's post is, some of it is right on.

Arte Moreno reminds me of Peter Angelos before he stopped meddling with big contract after big contract failure and now the O's have a balanced team and salary structure.

This org has ignored the Asian market and mostly ignored Latin America.

Because of so many mistakes, it will take 4 years to fix the farm and secure the org's long term future.

Pujols needs to honor his statement that he would retire early if not getting the job done to anywhere nears the contract value.

Despite being healthy, his OPS is a lousy .030 better than in 2013.

HamilWhiffATon is DONE!!!! He was done a year ago!!!!

The MLBPA would plant a severed horse head in his bed if he tried this.

As a fan, though, it's frustrating to no end that, in yesterday's game, for instance, the Angels stranded 7 runners in the first four innings...at least 4 of them in scoring position, only to have the only run score on one of a multitude of solo home runs that we've had since the Break. Night after night of getting runners into scoring position with 1 or fewer outs and coming up empty while the so-called "heart of the order" comes up, and we can all predict what will happen, because we've seen it enough: Trout K, Pujols grounder to the left side of the infield, and Hamilton K on balls that are barely in the same zip code as the plate.

/rant

Shake up the order for starters. Move Pujols and Hamilton down a spot.

With Trout, there's no choice but to be patient, but he might also benefit from a change in the order. There's no reason to bat him second, because he's not stealing bases anymore. He's probably our best hitter, although slumping right now. He should bat third.

Calhoun RF

Kendrick 2B

Trout CF

Pujols DH

Hamilton LF

Freese 3B

Navarro 1B

Iannetta/Conger C

Aybar SS

Edited by fan_since79

The same guy most of you wanted to DFA back in May.

Yea right!

David Freese. For the month of August he has been hitting .303 with a .749 OPS and the month of July .291 with an .860 OPS. He has been boringly average but since we don't have a power hitter to slot 4th then he at least provides something.

Aybar the last two months Aybar has put up a .546 and .455 OPS respectively. I would bat Aybar 9th at this point. He is a streak hitter and is cold as Siberia in the winter right now. He has no business being in an RBI or leadoff spot.

My concerns for the stretch:

- Starting Pitching + starting pitching depth

- Division becoming out of reach, with Lester > Samardiza > Kazmir > Gray leading the A's, hard to see Angels pull through

- Wild Card game, Weaver vs. Scherzer/Shields/Hernandez

Things I'm not concerned with:

- Angels offense

- Bullpen

- Defense

Dipoto leans on Shoemaker and Santiago heavily to keep the Angels in the WC race. Emptied the farm system for relievers, will be a moot point if the Angels can win the WC game.

Agree on all BUT the hitting.   Until they end this long team hitting slump, I will have my doubts about the hitting, especially having two guys hitting 3/4 whose OPS is around .780.    That's not what the 3/4 spots in the order are supposed to do, especially when making $49 million AAV between them!

The same guy most of you wanted to DFA back in May.

Yea right!

Mudville has a point though.   I am a proponent of changing the order to benefit from your hottest hitters over the past 1-2 months. 

Based on that plus potential balanced out, the order should be something like.

Calhoun

Freese (improved plate discipline to go with .800+ OPS since July 1)

Trout

Pujols

Hamilton

Kendrick

Catcher  (Iannetta 7th, Conger 8th)

DH  (7th if Conger catching)

Aybar

Much better than what Scioscia trotted out there on Sunday

Only question is if Freese will be comfortable hitting 2nd, maybe hit him 5th and move the others up one?  

Except that Hamilton hitting cleanup is a joke right now.

Edited by Angel Oracle

So nobody cares about Freese's numbers with runners on base or RISP after all the noise people have made about guys not being able to produce when it mattered?

AW.com  anointed chokers like Kendrick (752 OPS , and Pujols .(742 OPS), blow away Freese's .625 OPS with runners on.  It gets even uglier in situations with RISP  as Freese's OPS drops to .563..  Thats dead last among Angels players with at least 50 at bats despite having the 5th most at bats in that situation.   Freese's numbers post ASB aren't really that impressive, .260/.314/.403 - .717 OPS.  I get that he's done better over that span than most of the team but he's been far less likely to produce over the course of the season and banking on him to step up and drive guys in seems like a bit of a reach.

I'd sooner hope for one of the slumping guys to break out than I would wait on Freese to do well.

Edited by Inside Pitch