• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

List of Woes

Might as well put them all in one place - feel free to add.

- Josh Hamilton sucks and is expensive for 3+ more years

- Albert Pujols is a shadow of what he was and expensive for 7+ more years

- Mike Trout's traded a chunk of average and tons of stolen bases for a few extra homers, and is streaky

- Frickin' Aybar and Kendrick have a collective IQ of about 160

- David Freese and his limp back and weak arm

- CJ Wilson sucks

- Jered Weaver is not an ace

- Catcher defense

- Scioscia

- Don Baylor sucks as a hitting coach

- Arte "meddling" Moreno

- The Force is weak in Jerry Dipoto

- Vernon Wells & Joe Blanton: Gifts that keep on giving

- Tyler "Tommy John" Skaggs

Anything else?

Aybar can't continue to hit like this either. He will get hit again. I bet as soon as this week

If you look at his slash stats, he's hitting almost identically to last year now.

2014:  .266/.307/.377

2013:  .271/.301/.382

He'll have more RBI this year than last, but that's mostly a function of where he's been hitting in the order.

Might as well put them all in one place - feel free to add.

- Josh Hamilton sucks and is expensive for 3+ more years

- Albert Pujols is a shadow of what he was and expensive for 7+ more years

- Mike Trout's traded a chunk of average and tons of stolen bases for a few extra homers, and is streaky

- Frickin' Aybar and Kendrick have a collective IQ of about 160

- David Freese and his limp back and weak arm

- CJ Wilson sucks

- Jered Weaver is not an ace

- Catcher defense

- Scioscia

- Don Baylor sucks as a hitting coach

- Arte "meddling" Moreno

- The Force is weak in Jerry Dipoto

- Vernon Wells & Joe Blanton: Gifts that keep on giving

- Tyler "Tommy John" Skaggs

Anything else?

Anything else?

Yes, this team no longer reminds me of the 2002 team.

As funny as AJ's post is, some of it is right on.

Arte Moreno reminds me of Peter Angelos before he stopped meddling with big contract after big contract failure and now the O's have a balanced team and salary structure.

This org has ignored the Asian market and mostly ignored Latin America.

Because of so many mistakes, it will take 4 years to fix the farm and secure the org's long term future.

Pujols needs to honor his statement that he would retire early if not getting the job done to anywhere nears the contract value.

Despite being healthy, his OPS is a lousy .030 better than in 2013.

HamilWhiffATon is DONE!!!! He was done a year ago!!!!

the only true thing that could be considered a catastrophe at this point is the loss of Tyler Skaggs.  Yet the emergence of Matt Shoemaker and an amazing pen has made this problem at least somewhat surmountable.  Granted, with Wilson's struggles it's a bit more dicey.  He is gonna have to come thru now.  

the offense is still a collection of the same guys that were kicking ass early in the season.  None of which was at a level overly out of character for any particular player.  they aren't going to hit .236 or have a wRC+ of 83 for the rest of the year when they have hit .269 with a wRC+ of 118 for an entire half.  

If we were looking at several additional injuries and the same pen we started the year with, I would be worried.  An offensive slump doesn't overly concern me as something that will be sustained over the long haul.  

In 1995 when the halos collapsed, they went 14-29 to finish the season with a 5.65 era.  Take a ganders at the pitching staff from that year and you will realize that whatever they did to get to the point of being 11 games up in August was pure smoke and mirrors.  

Shit ain't going right at the moment no doubt.  But lets recognize what this is.  For so many player to perform so uncharacteristically bad for an entire half of a season is so unlikely that it would be historic.  

Arte Moreno reminds me of Peter Angelos 

Reminds me of DANIEL SNYDER....who loves signing SUPERSTAR names...even when everyone else knows they are past their prime.

Got LUCKY with Vladdy (who was actually still in his prime)...imploded with Albert & Josh...He's just a clueless owner...

The team still has the 2nd best record in baseball, unfortunately just plays in the same division as the team thats number 1.  Baseball is an extremely long season, why do people have a hard time understanding this?  We started out slow, had a long hot stretch, and have cooled off again.  Its all about adjustments, and right now its time to make some.  Right now there are 28 other teams that are having worse seasons.  We could easily get hot down the stretch, win the wild card and go all the way.  We have the personnel to compete with teams in the postseason.

Reminds me of DANIEL SNYDER....who loves signing SUPERSTAR names...even when everyone else knows they are past their prime.

Got LUCKY with Vladdy (who was actually still in his prime)...imploded with Albert & Josh...He's just a clueless owner...

He bought the team for 183 million...its worth how many billion now?

Thats not clueless ownership. Hes paid for bad investments to his team...but ownership wise hes done extremely well

I won't disagree that he has done a lot for securing a good tv contract, helping to send the franchise value to some 3-4 fold in the past decade, and securing a radio station.

BUT he needs to stay out of pushing for particular signings and leave ALL of that to his people running things.

Teams are now seemingly getting away from giving big year/big money deals to other teams' FAs already at least 30. But yet we committed $440 million to those players since 2012.

AND he can't ignore big talent pools anymore (Asia, Latin America).