• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT 8/10/14 RedSox @ Angels

RF
Brock Holt (L)
DH
1B
CF
C

RF
 Kole Calhoun (L)
CF
 Mike Trout ®
DH
SS
 Erick Aybar (S)
2B
3B
1B
C
LF

BOS: Rubby De La Rosa ®  (3-4, 3.43)
LAA: Hector Santiago (L)  (3-7, 3.84)

Lol @ benching

Nah, Sosh just want to give Hamilton a rest, since they played 19 innings last night, it's also why Pujols is DH today.

Yea, I hate the term benching. But after last night he certainly was going to be given today off. If he was 3-7 last night with say one strike out, then he would have played today, regardless of how long last nights game went.

Can't make up my mind which I hate seeing more - Aybar in the lead off spot or clean-up. Scioscia sees a player in Aybar that I don't believe exists in reality.

If we are talking about the best version of Aybar, then I still don't see him being good in either of those spots in the line up. But you have to admit, he does have that ability to slap the ball around and hits a fair amount of doubles.

If we are talking about the best version of Aybar, then I still don't see him being good in either of those spots in the line up. But you have to admit, he does have that ability to slap the ball around and hits a fair amount of doubles.

And sees very few pitches and never walks. Prototypical bottom of the lineup hitter.

Yep, in another thread I suggested Ianetta for that spot.

Yeah wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd probably go with Calhoun and Shuck/Cowgill 1-2, then Trout, then Pujols. Maybe Iannetta, Kendrick, Aybar and so on. Something like that.

I just don't get putting Aybar in the top half of the order, particularly when he's slumping like this.

Yeah wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd probably go with Calhoun and Shuck/Cowgill 1-2, then Trout, then Pujols. Maybe Iannetta, Kendrick, Aybar and so on. Something like that.

I just don't get putting Aybar in the top half of the order, particularly when he's slumping like this.

Don't they usually have a stiff hitting clean up?

I have no statistical evidence to back this up, but it seems like Aybar does better in the lower third of the lineup.  Putting him fourth is just dumb.  But didn't Scioscia use Izturis as a clean-up hitter a few times?