• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roster Moves after 19 inning game

Stradling

we need these arms after last night's (well, early this morning) marathon and now the Skaggs news ---

so this all makes sense.

Bedrosian was probably going to be sent out under any circumstances - even though he pitched well this time up - because of the need for arms after the 19 inning game and just the roster numbers situation --- he'll be back up.

Cron? I still like his swing but he really needs to work on some things.........including his defense -- if it's even possible to make him a serviceable 1B in order to assume a DH / back up 1B role with some AL team........Cron, when he's on a streak - really hits line drives but perhaps by his second and third times up with some of the AL pitchers they've figured out a way to pitch to him.

The Skaggs news hits hard.

Silver linings, silver linings...maybe Pestano will prove to be a great pickup by Dipoto? Seriously imagine if he becomes 2011-2012 Pestano. Street, Smith, Pestano, Morin, Jepsen, Grilli, and Rasmus is pretty solid. Have Bedrosian replace Grilli this season and sign Andrew Miller, you got yourself possibly the best pen in the game. 

I'd rather have Grilli back

I would rather go with Bedrosian, Diaz, Sappington (who has been amazing since being moved to the pen), Spomer, etc. The Angels have a ton of intriguing bullpen arms in the system, I don't see the need to spend more money on a right handed reliever (especially on one who will be 38 next season.) Sign a left handed reliever and let some kids compete for the final spot. Save any surplus of money this team has on starting pitching, a lefty reliever, a third baseman, a catcher, and/or bench help. Keep an eye on Jairo Diaz in AA, he's a guy who sits in the upper 90's and hits 100 occasionally. Looks like he finally put things together this year in AA. 

Bedrosian was probably going to be sent out under any circumstances - even though he pitched well this time up - because of the need for arms after the 19 inning game and just the roster numbers situation --- he'll be back up.

Bedrosian has time. It's quite a jump from AA to the majors, but he is gradually gaining experience.

I remember his dad with the Braves, and he had some rough patches early on as well.