• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols and Pedroia

Glen

This picture causes mixed emotions that I can't define...

zR7JXMR.jpg

A washed-up bat and a bearded rat?

*Mods - please edit the spelling of the rat's name in the title.

Edited by Glen

Folks here don't like Pedoria. He's a BoSox player, he's antimated, loud, proud Boston obnoxious. I get it.

He's easy to dis-like.

But, despite that, gotta like the way he plays all out on every play -- even the throw home on the 6-4-2 attempt to cut down the tying run last night was pretty amazing to me (I know, a lot of folks here didn't like it and thought It was a real baseball mental error by Pedroia -- I thought it was a high risk, high reward attempt to catch Iannetta napping and cut down the tying the run (as a visiting team) with Trout running down the line to first........it didn't work but a lot of players would have just done the routine thing and made NO effort to essentially cut the Halos off at the pass right there. AND, it almost worked -- Iannetta did not beat the throw by much).

Maybe that's why Pujols likes the guy -- he plays all out......baseball needs more of these guys -- particularly today -- I mean, last night's game -- to me Hamilton looked like he was sleep walking during several of his ABs -- his effort level was not much above ZERO or so it appeared.

Folks here don't like Pedoria. He's a BoSox player, he's antimated, loud, proud Boston obnoxious. I get it.

He's easy to dis-like.

But, despite that, gotta like the way he plays all out on every play -- even the throw home on the 6-4-2 attempt to cut down the tying run last night was pretty amazing to me (I know, a lot of folks here didn't like it and thought It was a real baseball mental error by Pedroia -- I thought it was a high risk, high reward attempt to catch Iannetta napping and cut down the tying the run (as a visiting team) with Trout running down the line to first........it didn't work but a lot of players would have just done the routine thing and made NO effort to essentially cut the Halos off at the pass right there. AND, it almost worked -- Iannetta did not beat the throw by much).

Maybe that's why Pujols likes the guy -- he plays all out......baseball needs more of these guys -- particularly today -- I mean, last night's game -- to me Hamilton looked like he was sleep walking during several of his ABs -- his effort level was not much above ZERO or so it appeared.

Exactly.

Every team would love to have Pedroia on their roster.

Edited by DW711

Anyone have an idea what he went to say to Napoli after the home run? Pujols looked jolly, but Naps looked like he wanted nothing to do with Pujols.

I wondered that myself. Looked like Pujols tried to chat him up but Napoli wanted nothing to do with it.

I noticed earlier in the dugout that Trout and Hamilton were having a fairly animated conversation about something. Also saw Richards chatting with Butcher after he was removed from the game. Sometimes you wonder what it being said.

Exactly.

Every team would love to have Pedroia on their roster.

yep. I like the guy (as much as I could like a chowd). Hes a scrappy dude that if he was one of our own, everyone would love.

Stealing 3rd last night sucked, but I was already 'tipping the cap' as it happened, same was as I do when aybar does stuff like that.

yep. I like the guy (as much as I could like a chowd). Hes a scrappy dude that if he was one of our own, everyone would love.

Stealing 3rd last night sucked, but I was already 'tipping the cap' as it happened, same was as I do when aybar does stuff like that.

The only good thing about that play (from my perspective) is that you know Aybar filed that away and will be itching to try it himself.

For those of us still up at that hour, we saw the Pujols/ Napoli exchange there as BoSox manager Farrell was challenging the Pujols game winning HR.

I think Pujols probably said something like, 'well, it's finally over" and Napoli, if he responded at all, sort of grunted "no it's not" or something to that effect and sort of turned away indicating he wanted no part of casual conversation with Pujols (who despite what anyone thinks about his Halos contract, or his performance last year/ this year, seems like a pretty good guy who's affable and friendly).

Now, as I have posted before, I don't understand all the Halos fans dis-like of Napoli. He didn't want to leave here. He and Sosh didn't get along for whatever reason (among others, Sosh didn't think he was an every day catcher and Sosh was probably right about that)......so the Halos traded him.  So I don't dis-like Napoli at all.......I actually understand that doing well against the Angels is extra satisfying to him and that he has added incentive to beat Scoscia's team.........there's obviously mutual dis-like there.

But I did think Naps could have chatted up Pujols a bit in that situation instead of being all dead serious and brushing him off.......it sort of tells what klnd of person Napoli is -- beyond all the baseball stuff and numbers......

No skin off Pujols' nose, he tried to be friendly and was rebuffed......no big deal........Napoli the loser in the end.......why be sort of a jerk when the situation doesn't call for it at all? Oh well.