• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tony Stewart and the Chamber of Secrets

Lhalo

After hearing this much...Stewart has to get charged with something.

I don't care about past comments he made that he was going to run someone over two years ago and like someone else said....intent is irrelevant.

Charge him with some kind of Vehicular Manslaughter

You can't charge him with a crime just because. His actions must meet certain standards set forth in order ro charge him with vehicular manslaughter. I don't think this is the case here

The problem with saying he's totally blameless is that on the previous lap, he ran the kid into the wall.  He was angry.  And then his car "coincidentally" fishtailed at the precise moment necessary to strike the kid down?  That's really hard to accept just on the basis of statistical probability.

My guess is the local DA charges Tony with something, anything, because of the mounting political pressure.  After that, if there's any chance of salvaging his career, Tony pays the family $10, 20, 30 million to make it all go away and avoid a civil trial.

The problem with saying he's totally blameless is that on the previous lap, he ran the kid into the wall.  He was angry.  And then his car "coincidentally" fishtailed at the precise moment necessary to strike the kid down?  That's really hard to accept just on the basis of statistical probability.

My guess is the local DA charges Tony with something, anything, because of the mounting political pressure.  After that, if there's any chance of salvaging his career, Tony pays the family $10, 20, 30 million to make it all go away and avoid a civil trial.

What mounting political pressure?

What mounting political pressure?

The kid is a New Yorker, albeit from a different county.  

I read an article from one of the local newspapers this morning and the support for the kid was almost unanimous.  Couple that with the fact the DA is an elected position and I think you'll see him cave and let a jury decide Tony's fate. 

It doesn't matter if the evidence appears or not, DA's do this all the time to appease their constituency in order to get reelected.

That's a given.

My question was aimed at actually getting a conviction for vehicular manslaughter. What would be tbe evidence to support this?

I'm guessing that's a drivers wife?

Petra Ecclestone.  She is worth billions I think.

Yeah F1 drivers make insane amounts of cash and they are superstars in their country along the lines of the top strikers.  It is crazy.  F1 can be really entertaining to watch, though with most auto racing I have trouble sitting through more than 10-15 minutes of it.  It is like basketball, just watch the last few laps.

You're angry when you're the one ran into the wall. Not when you're the one doing the pushing. 

European racing is 100x better.  F1, BTCC, and WRC are incredibly exciting and require a whole hell of a lot more skill than driving a gigantic sedan around in a circle.

I love me road racing (though WRC isn't exactly a great spectator sport even though it's otherwise utter awesome) though I would put both Endurance racing and Australian V8 Supercars above them but to say oval racing doesn't take skill is just silly. In road racing you are racing the track 90% of the time. In oval racing you are racing all the other drivers. It's a completely different skill set. But look up what F1 drivers have said about driving ovals. They think we're nuts! Suicidal! And driving around an unwieldly sedan is the whole point. It's supposed to be hard. But yeah seriously, Australian V8s need to become popular in this country. It's better than crack and the cars are what Nascar fans opine about when they talk about the good old days. 

And the most profitable.

Eh?  

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/how-ecclestone-turned-formula-one-worlds-most-watched-series

It's certainly light years more popular around the world. Vettel is known around the world but it doesn't necessarily translate to higher profitability for the series. Their global TV revenues are lower than Nascar's US TV revenue and their gate isn't as impressive with fewer dates and unsteady attendance thanks to some bizarre race location choices. Bernie loves to chase the sanction fees. And of course the staggering team budgets and travel costs. There is a reason they keep trying and failing, cough Ferarri cough, to implement cost saving measures into the rule book to protect the teams from themselves. But in the end F1 racing is about prestige, not turning a profit.

Like MLS I think we are going to see more and more European drivers come to the US when they are out of their prime to race. The pressure is ridiculously less than series like F1 and the money is near if not in many cases better for the majority of drivers. 

Petra Ecclestone.  She is worth billions I think.

Yeah F1 drivers make insane amounts of cash and they are superstars in their country along the lines of the top strikers.  It is crazy.  F1 can be really entertaining to watch, though with most auto racing I have trouble sitting through more than 10-15 minutes of it.  It is like basketball, just watch the last few laps.

Petra is a blond, that is her sister Tamara. And both are heirs to Ecclestone's billions.

petra-tamara-ecclestone-bikini-yacht-sai

I don't know the particulars for the State of New York, but usually, very few cases go via Grand Jury. 

More often, the DA files the charges and then a Preliminary Hearing is held where a judge decides if there's enough evidence to go to trial.  The evidence doesn't have to be very convincing to meet the minimum standard for a trial. 

A preliminary hearing is not necessary when the person is indicted by a Grand Jury. 

It's like a person walking in traffic on the freeway and the public blaming the driver for running them over like they had any chance to swerve out of the way.

Sure if the freeway was covered in ice. If Stewart hits the brakes, the car goes straight into the wall likely collecting Ward. Stewart turns the wheel to the left, the car goes straight into the wall likely collecting Ward.Stewart does nothing, the car goes straight into the wall likely collecting Ward.The only way the car actually changes direction is the crank the wheel to the right and apply significant gas. Considering the first car clearly didn't see him until the last moment and had to swerve it's unlikely Stewart could have had any more time to see him.  If the confrontation had occurred anywhere but the apex of the turn on a muddy track nothing probably would have happened but it did. At this point a judge wouldn't even bother with jury selection before tossing the case.

I don't know the particulars for the State of New York, but usually, very few cases go via Grand Jury. 

More often, the DA files the charges and then a Preliminary Hearing is held where a judge decides if there's enough evidence to go to trial.  The evidence doesn't have to be very convincing to meet the minimum standard for a trial. 

A preliminary hearing is not necessary when the person is indicted by a Grand Jury. 

Manslaughter and Murder always go before a grand jury before going to trial.