• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tony Stewart and the Chamber of Secrets

Lhalo

I can see an arrest for Manslaughter if video shows Stewart gunned his engine and forced the slide that killed the driver on the track. The yellow caution flag was out which means he was driving recklessly next to the scene of the original accident that he was a participant. He should be suspended from racing awaiting a decision as to fault. 

I can see an arrest for Manslaughter if video shows Stewart gunned his engine and forced the slide that killed the driver on the track. The yellow caution flag was out which means he was driving recklessly next to the scene of the original accident that he was a participant. He should be suspended from racing awaiting a decision as to fault. 

He's too experienced as a racer not to have expected the car to fishtail at that precise moment.  My guess is he probably meant to scare the kid without physically striking him. 

Perhaps he was actually paying attention to the guys he was racing against and didn't see the idiot in all black...on a dark dirt track...with poor lighting...at night standing in directly in the path of cars still racing.

In the video you see the guy get out of his car. Standing next to it and pointing at Stewart wasn't good enough, so he moves closer and closer to the cars going around the track. Walking toward moving cars on a dirt surface on what was probably at best a marginally-lit track was not the smartest thing he could have done. It is tragic that he was killed, but it was completely avoidable on his part.

I don't watch NASCAR and have no opinion of Tony Stewart either way. 

Remove the emotion, the clash of personalities, and the kid's stupid decision to confront Tony on a live track.  The statistical odds of Tony's car accidentally fishtailing at that precise location and time, in such a way to strike the kid, are probably one in a billion. 

A few milliseconds later, Tony would not have hit him.

If you go back and read the analysis from people who know what they are talking about you will realize that Ward kept walking toward him while Stewart sped up to get past.  Additionally, those cars fishtail naturally when you give them throttle.  Ward killed himself by walking at a race car on a dark track.

If you go back and read the analysis from people who know what they are talking about you will realize that Ward kept walking toward him while Stewart sped up to get past.  Additionally, those cars fishtail naturally when you give them throttle.  Ward killed himself by walking at a race car on a dark track.

The kid didn't realize it, but walking out there was suicidal.  I agree with you there. 

But I have a hard time believing that the car accidentally fishtailed at precisely the wrong moment, and in precisely the wrong direction to strike the kid.   Tony Stewart is way too talented to let that happen accidentally. 

The kid didn't realize it, but walking out there was suicidal.  I agree with you there. 

But I have a hard time believing that the car accidentally fishtailed at precisely the wrong moment, and in precisely the wrong direction to strike the kid.   Tony Stewart is way too talented to let that happen accidentally. 

In drifting, you normally only have front brakes.  In a turn, you tap those brakes, and push the gas in order to get the rear wheels pushing you around the turn.  If at the end of that turn, you have some moron walking in the middle of the track, while at full speed, your only options are gun it and hope you can increase the turn.  Or Brake, and flip killing yourself and the moron walking in the middle of the track.

Edited by gotbeer

I have watched two different videos of him hitting Ward. He definitely accelerated before the collision. Tonys driving has caused accidents before. No way did he intend to kill the kid but his aggressive recklessness caused the accident. He is a three time champion. He is always racing in these other events and has a ton of experience in all types of racing. Ward should not have walked down the track but Tony is absolutely responsible for the collision. Regardless of intent his willful actions resulted in a young mans death.

Here's an idea: Don't walk into the path of moving cars during a race.

I really feel bad for the kid, but his intention was obviously to get as close to Stewart as he could as his car went past. How this can be deemed anything other than a tragic accident, I just don't see. Tony Stewart may be a lot of things, but I don't see him deliberately hitting someone with his car.

Here's an idea: Don't walk into the path of moving cars during a race.

I really feel bad for the kid, but his intention was obviously to get as close to Stewart as he could as his car went past. How this can be deemed anything other than a tragic accident, I just don't see. Tony Stewart may be a lot of things, but I don't see him deliberately hitting someone with his car.

Nascar, F1, Cart, and the minor leagues should have had rules in place a long time ago.  You leave your car after an accident or you don't go directly to the nearest wall or safety safari dude, and instead do some type of macho thing, then you get a one month suspension with no replacement driver for your car.  That would stop this type of behavior in it's tracks.  

Nascar, F1, Cart, and the minor leagues should have had rules in place a long time ago.  You leave your car after an accident or you don't go directly to the nearest wall or safety safari dude, and instead do some type of macho thing, then you get a one month suspension with no replacement driver for your car.  That would stop this type of behavior in it's tracks.

I bet this happens very soon.