• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton as an Angel (through August 9)

Hamilton needs to be benched and when he returns he bats 6th.

But then what will Scioscia do with all his pre-printed lineup cards that have Hamilton batting cleanup?

Man, remember when we used to bitch about Scioscia's ever-changing lineups?  Good times.  Be careful what you wish for.

It's so depressing watching Pujols and Hamilton hit back to back.

Not if you are the opposing team.  It makes Trout manageable.  So what if Trout gets on base.....he will either erased in a gidp or stranded by a K.

The Angel playoff hopes rest squarely on the two players signed to carry the team.  So far, the only consistency from both involves check cashing.

Basically been worthless. No passion in the the guy. Sick of him watching him strike out with his nonchalant demeanor...

But he's found Jesus...and he has a life coach...and he's blessed....

{He also has a smokin' hot wife...}

Hamilton needs to be benched and when he returns he bats 6th.

Benched? This isn't little league ... you act as if he's not giving a 100%. I have no problem with dropping him in the lineup.

Josh is a big part of this team. He is also a big LH bat we need in the lineup. I believe he'll get his bat going again ... hope it's soon!

He's a free swinger in the worst sense of the word. He basically wants to swing at every pitch. It's a mental thing. I don't know how to fix that. Hypnosis, maybe?

When he was going through that brutal slump in 2012, he admitted that he doesn't have very good pitch recognition and that he pretty much makes up his mind to swing before the ball arrives at the plate. Pitchers have started throwing him more offspeed stuff and he's just having trouble adjusting. 

We need to stop spending in free agency.  Honestly how many times has it worked out and we won?  Its about the farm and then making mid season trades to fill holes for players who are currently producing.  Free Agency is a gamble that we will lose more times than not.  We are paying for past production and since these salaries are all GUARANTEED, the only ones who cant lose are the players who signed the contract.  We are gambling with each player that we sign and they are like the House, in the end they never lose.  Mr. Moreno, please get back to building a farm and not giving it ALL away because of desperate must win now moves.  There is a time to make a trade and a time to hold pat and be patient.  Basically I believe our entire franchises philosophy is wrong on how to build a perennial winner.  Its definitely should  not be by signing older players like Pujols and Hamilton who are past their prime.  

Benched? This isn't little league ... you act as if he's not giving a 100%. I have no problem with dropping him in the lineup.

Josh is a big part of this team. He is also a big LH bat we need in the lineup. I believe he'll get his bat going again ... hope it's soon!

You and some others talk about Josh as if he's having a garden variety slump, when they guy has been mediocre for almost two years now. And its not like he's a 27-year old in his prime - he's 33 years old, the age when most players start declining rapidly.

While with a player of Josh's natural talents you simply never know, I think we have to start facing the probability that what you see is what you get, which makes him yet another massive mistake maybe by Morpoto.