• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Eckstein Award

I propose that each year we have a David Eckstein Award - the Angels player who displays the most grit and scrappiness, and thus is a Scioscia favorite. There are really only two candidates for this year, Kole Calhoun and Colin Cowgill, but I would suggest Cowgill gets the edge because Calhoun is a bit too good (bonus points usually go to being a bench player, and probably being white).

Anyhow, some possible winners:

2014 - Colin Cowgill

2013 - JB Shuck

2012 - Bobby Wilson

2011 - Miacer Izturis

2010 - Kevin Frandsen

2009 - Maicer Izturis

2008 - Jeff Mathis

2007 - Reggie Willits

2006 - Mike Napoli

2005 - Darin Erstad

2004 - David Eckstein

2003 - David Eckstein

2002 - Scott Spiezio

2001 - David Eckstein

2000 - Adam Kennedy

I figure the award starts with the arrival of Eckstein (2001), although could apply to all Scioscia years - so pushed it back to 2000. Spiezio gets the nod over Eckstein in 2002 because of his postseason grit.

What do you think?

I propose that each year we have a David Eckstein Award - the Angels player who displays the most grit and scrappiness, and thus is a Scioscia favorite. There are really only two candidates for this year, Kole Calhoun and Colin Cowgill, but I would suggest Cowgill gets the edge because Calhoun is a bit too good (bonus points usually go to being a bench player, and probably being white).

Anyhow, some possible winners:

2014 - Colin Cowgill

2013 - JB Shuck

2012 - Bobby Wilson

2011 - Miacer Izturis

2010 - Kevin Frandsen

2009 - Maicer Izturis

2008 - Jeff Mathis

2007 - Reggie Willits

2006 - Mike Napoli

2005 - Darin Erstad

2004 - David Eckstein

2003 - David Eckstein

2002 - Scott Spiezio

2001 - David Eckstein

2000 - Adam Kennedy

I figure the award starts with the arrival of Eckstein (2001), although could apply to all Scioscia years - so pushed it back to 2000. Spiezio gets the nod over Eckstein in 2002 because of his postseason grit.

What do you think?

I think it's stupid to name the award after him if you're including him as a recipient.